1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

SKin care help.

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by QueenyJr, Jun 25, 2004.

1. QueenyJr

QueenyJr New Member

Hey Everyone,

Okay, this is going to make me sound like a really bad Mom to my dogs, but I’m really not, But lately I haven't been brushing them like I used too.. and well, my four year old German shepherd is starting to shed so I have been brushing him out a lot lately, well, I haven't been focusing on his back end except his hips and today I brushed his bask out and I noticed that his skin is really dry, its so gross, I mean its really dry I can feel it. Is there any certain type of Shampoo or something I could bathe him in to get the dry skin and also for Assiayh so she doesn’t get dry skin?
    Please do not think I don’t take care of my dogs because I do it's just in the winter they weren't shedding so I didn't brush them...(I know this makes me sound really bad)
    I posted this here because I know that sometimes toy group dogs are more prone to getting skin allergies or so I have read, sorry if that’s not true.
    Thanks for any help you may give.
    -Ashley

2. nern

nern New Member

My mother uses conditioner on her dog. Maybe conditioner would help along with a medicated shampoo for irritated skin?

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Besides trying conditioners on the coat how about adding some of the essential fatty oils that dogs need. Also it makes a big deal what you feed him. Dogs can have allergic reactions to any ingrediant in their foods. Maybe try caifornia natural or natures balance. Those are two good foods for dogs with allergies. Also when you don't brush and help the dog shed the dead hairs its skin may not be getting the airation that it needs and dryness can occur. Some people add a little oil oil into their pets food or you can buy a bottle of supplements at the pet supply store.