1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

So Sad....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by abbeys-mom, Oct 14, 2004.

1. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello All,

I have a sad story to tell, but I really want to share. My aunt split up with her husband approx 10 years ago. At that time she got a puppy, Roxi. My aunt was a stay at home mom at that time, but after a couple of years on her own she had to go back to work, leaving her dog and kids alone for the better part of the day... But everyone adjusted fine...
    My aunt recently got into her first relationship since her split with her husband, and she is spending all her time with this man, and not her kids or Roxi.
    Roxi is almost 10yrs old, and she had been loosing weight and had a sore that would not heal probably, although she was not taken to the vet. Her health has not been the greatest over the last little while, and now it seems that with my aunt gone, it is only getting worse. My cousin shared with me that Roxi seems not to be able to see properly, and she bangs into walls and stuff, and my cousin is concerned about her. Anyways, my aunt just called my mom, and asked if my mom would take Roxi to be put to sleep tomorrow cause she is really suffering. My mom agreed, because she doesn't want Roxi to suffer in pain.

My point of this whole post is that, I think Roxi would be in better spirits and healthier if my aunt was home spending time with her, and helping her through her sickness. My cousin says that it is almost like Roxi is depressed not just sick, and despite my cousins efforts it is not her that Roxi wants to sooth her. She should have been taken to the vet and had her mom (my aunt) take care of her, not leave her with my 2 teenage cousins most of the time. Don't get me wrong my cousins love Roxi and would never hurt her, but they are not the person whom raised her from a 6 week old baby....

Roxi will be pts tomorrow, please say a prayer for her....

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

ITs sad to hear that. I'm so sorry.

3. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I'm very sorry to hear that. It's sad when people forget that animals can feel emotional pain just as much as physical pain.

4. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry this is very sad. I will say a little prayer for Roxie. :cry:

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I am sorry to hear about Roxi. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

6. speed_addiction

speed_addiction New Member

How can anyone abandon their dog like that? When I was still married, my wife's love faded but it was my dog that loved me completely to the end.

When I was in prison we had pup wander into the camp. This was toward the end of my sentence after I had been moved from the big fenced in High Security Compound to the open camp. The pup came up to me when I was outside smoking. I had not touched a dog in six years. I actually cried when I petted this pup.

I have Kato now and any woman I get into a relationship knows right off. Don't make me choose between you and my dog. You won't like my choice.

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Welcome Speed. (hope its fast speed and not the drug. LOL) ANyhow, sometimes when a dog is suffering, its the most humane. Yes this story is very sad, and I see it alot. I have people dump their dogs off at my house daily, because: "their getting old, and I just can't take watching him die". Sorry excuse if you ask me.

I've been wanting to get into the dog program and equine program with my rehabilitated animals to help out people with mental and physical problems. I always though a prison, or juvinile facility could get involved and really help them as well.

I like watching Cell dogs. I think its a wonderful program.
    PM me please.

8. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

speed_addiction: I have similar views on animals and relationships. Don't get me wrong, I love my Husband, but a relationship one has with a dog can be even more powerful.

With a dog you know that you're not going to wake up one morning and your dog isn't going to love you anymore. Or that your dog's going to decide that he doesn't want to live with you anymore. A dog will love you whether you get fat, or sick, are rich or poor. It's the one constant thing you can be sure of.

People that find their lives changing and it doesn't include their faithful companion, aren't true dog lovers. I also feel that a dog can sence when it's owner becomes emotionally detached and can go into a depression. After all, it's our love, devotion, and approval that makes up a dog's whole world.

If I found myself in a situation where I had to choose, I would choose my dogs. If I had to choose between my home and my dogs, I would choose my dogs.

My Husband would never put me in a situation to where I would have to choose between me or them. But I have 2 Pitbulls and with cities across the nation enforcing breed banning laws, we have discussed what we would do if that should ever happen. Even though we both love our home, we agreed that we would give it up and move.

I'm glad you and Kato found one another.