1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Spawning Tiger Barbs?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by needlefish, May 23, 2004.

1. needlefish

needlefish New Member

i have 2 barbs who swim up right next to each other and swim toegher all over the tank. are they trying to spawn?

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

is it a male and a female? lol
    im jk!

im sure they are. my male and female platy do fast swimming next to eachother. the female gets worn out but later on seems fine.

3. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy New Member

needle, my male and female do the exact same thing :mrgreen:

4. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that is normal behavior for tigers. By the same token, they just might be spawning so let us know!
    I hope they are!

Hooben :eek:

5. needlefish

needlefish New Member

hmmm......... well the tigers already have laid eggs just yesterday

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

:eek: :eek: it usually takes 56 hours for the tiger eggs to hatch, how big are your fish. usually the tigers will give birth when they are around 2 inches for tigers. watch out they give birth to around 300 babies

7. needlefish

needlefish New Member

well she is about 2 1/2 inches