It started with this sickly looking scab on her tummy, all the fur was nasty and matted around it. The lesion (I think that'd be the best term for it) was about the size of a quarter and UNDER the fur. We took her to the vent just over a month ago and the vet excised the wound. Now it's got a massive cut about a quarter of an inch deep in her belly and it just WONT heal. She's 13 or 14 now and so the vet wouldn't put her under for stitches because they say she might not live through the anesthetics. We were really diligent about treating it with the wash and ointment the vet gave us, but it DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. All it did was stop the wound from getting infected, it just didn't heal! We had the kitty cone and everything and the wound wouldn't get smaller. About $500 in expensive medicine later the family has called it quits and now it's getting really bad v.v. The wound on her belly is turning all white and it's got what looks to me like a little polyp forming and it smells absolutely horrid (If I hold her to look at it I can smell it from 2-3 feet away). And she has a big mass of fur clumped on her neck with what feels like a little bumpy scab, just how the first one started!!! I don't know what to do, I'm so scared. She's my snuggle buddy and I can't stand the thought of putting her down, but I also don't want the wound to go septic and have her die from illness because that's just a horrible way to go. Right now she's still chipper and happy but I'm so worried.