1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Stray updates and more

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginger, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Ginger

Ginger New Member

The 'stray' cat is still coming in, more and more recently, sometimes he comes in for breakfast aswell as dinner, hes getting more confident with me but its going VERY slowly, a couple of nights ago I sat close to him while he ate and he wasn't at all bothered. I offer him a hand for a fuss and he seems a bit more interested but just eats and eats, I think he has worms, well if his 'owner' didn't take im to get that open wound sorted out i'm sure he hasn't taken him to get wormers and he eats loads.

Now hes stopped spraying in the house my cats have started to accept him a little better, they're not completely relaxed while hes around but its not causing any major stress like it was at first, and they quite happily sit in the garden with him... heres a pic of him and Tango last night

[​IMG]
    (note to self: paint shed/fence :oops: )

He doesn't respond to calling him Dominoe so at the moment we just call him 'cat' or 'trouble'

It turns out I'm not the only one with a neighbours cat moving in, I don't know if you'll remember Zen (RIP) my friends cat, before he died he make friends with a neighbours cat called Charlie and when I say friends I mean the Best of friends, Charlie used to call round for Zen everyday, come in the cat flap, eat with him, sleep with him and they went for walks together, I have never seen 2 cats get on so well, they absolutely adored each other.
    After Zen suddenly died he didn't understand where his best friend had gone and called round everyday still and just yowled for hours by the door (how heartbreaking is that!)
    He stopped coming to my friends house for about a week, then all of a sudden he came back, went in her house in the evening got some fuss and went to sleep, my friend left him there and went to bed, in the morning he was still there so she went to work and he was still there when she got back, now he hasn't left for nearly a week! I think shes going to have to talk with the owners as he seems pretty sure hes moved to his new home.

And on top of that, my Cousin who I work with 2 nights a week has had his next door neighbours cat move into his garden and this is a sad story, his neighbours just got a new kitten, this cat obviously doesn't approve and just walked out, she is 13 years old, her furr was all matted and she has some kind of cold/flu, my cousin went round to his neighbours and said the cat is in their garden and they just don't care, he said that she has a cold and they told him shes always like that, she had flu and since then always has runny eyes and sneezing (virus carrier?).

My cousin still lives with his parents and they have said that they are not going to let the cat live with them (they already have 1 cat who is a big meanie and I don't think he would approve anyway) I'm trying to convince them to get the cat to a shelter but my cousin isn't keen, I think he likes the cat and hopes he can keep her - she is very affectionate apparently, if I didn't already have my stray coming round I would be straight round there seeing if theres anyway I could have her, one thing at a time I think.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

he's cute

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Such a pretty kitty. :)

I hope your cousin can work out his kitty problems.