1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

stupid neighbor's stupid little dog wanted to attack my Miss

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

my cats only go outside on a leash or on our enclosed porch - last night was a leash night.

Missy is my petite little flower of a Sealpoint Siamese cat - she's very tiny.

Had her on the leash and the neighbor's little dog (not leashed....idiots lost their other little dog to a head-on with a car this past winter but are still too stupid to leash) came running up my yard barking and snarling at Missy.

I simply stood there calculating my punting abilities if it came down to that. I figured that at a standstill I could probably kickpunt the dog at least 50 yards if I was missed off enough. Problem being I only had my clogs on and I wasn't sure if the shoe would go further than the dog or fall off before I was able to connect with the little beast.

There is no way I'm gonna let any dog attack my sweet Missy when she's in my yard on a leash. Missy puffed all up and the dog was coming in for the attack...I put my right foot in between Missy and this little yapping beast and was preparing to launch my clog when the dog's stupid owner came running up my driveway.

She said "oh I'm sorry". I said "don't worry about it....your dog wouldn't have survived the assault if launching was necessary, keep the beast off my property"

I'm sure she won't

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Is there a leash law in your county? If there is, call your local animal control and have it picked up. The owner will have to pay a fine and if it's a repeate offense, they'll lose the dog.

If there isn't a leash law there, there is an outdoor spray that you can get that repells dogs. Just ask at any pet store and I'm sure they'll carry it.

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

My stupid neighbours always keep their german shepard unleashed. They know I often have my cats out (with leashes) but they continue to do it. I hear them frantically screaming for her at least once per day when she takes off from their yard. They told my husband that she hates her leash and that's why they hardly use it. Hello!!?? They make me so mad. Next time it sets foot in my yard I'm calling the by-law officers.

Oh - and I was also wondering what happened to their cat that used to roam the neighbourhood. I found out it was being kept inside while it nursed its kittens. I love when unspayed cats roam the neighbourhood. How annoying!

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

these neighbors have paid many fines for their stupid little dogs roaming around. Once even chased the police car that was going over there to give them crap, again, about their unleashed dogs. You'd think after finding their other dog laying dead in the road (don't know who hit it...that dog weighed about 5 lbs. so however did hit it probably didn't even know they did).

5. vene

vene New Member

Oh Mary + Halaroo. It must be awful living with bad neighbors! If I had neighbors like these my blood pressure would skyrocket!

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Mary, I'd phone up Animal Control every single time I saw their dog on the loose. Perhaps they'll get tired of paying fines and finally get a clue. I'm amazed the animal hasn't been impounded. But please try and realise that it's not the animals fault that the owner is a cretin

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

that's what I used to do Cassie...and you wouldn't believe how arrogant these people are - I came home from work one day shortly after they bought their house and had heavy equipment parked on my front yard!!!! They were having some trees cut down and had told the tree man they could park the stuff on my front lawn - and that I had given permission for that. The next morning when the tree service showed up for work I went flying outside and told them they had to get off my lawn. The man told me idiot neighbor had said I said it was okay...WRONG. But I have to give the tree guy credit he wouldn't work for the guy cause he'd lied to him. Then we had to be careful they didn't cut trees on our property.

They are such lovely people NOT. So they don't care....they were really good after their other dog got hit (the surviving dog taught the other dog to chase cars....never did that until they got stupid little dog #2). But it's nice out now so time to let stupid little dog loose. I'll start calling the police again (we don't have animal control) and start being bitch neighbor another year. I get tired of it

8. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I don't blame you at all. What a totally frustrating situation.