1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Super glue in the aquarium?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by foxymedtech, Jul 7, 2005.

1. foxymedtech

foxymedtech New Member

I bought a beautiful castle for my aquarium on ebay. When I received it, it was broken into a dozen pieces. I super glued it back together. Is it ok to go in an aquarium? Should I go over the super glue with aquarium sealant? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. tski22

tski22 New Member

If i were to give advice to that problem I wouldnt know the true answer, but my advice is send it back to whoever you bought it from on ebay.. lol - tl

3. lil shant

lil shant New Member

man never buy anything from ebay i bought this guitar and it was a model and it said it was a real electric guitar they s**k

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I wouldnt risk it. Use aquarium silicon maybe u can silicon it so its not visible from the from

5. sleeper

sleeper New Member

Dude, totally send that thing back. First tell the seller. If he won't take it back, give him a bad rating and explain why you're doing it.

6. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Super glue is toxic to fish. 100% silicone is the best for aquarium ordiments.

7. foxymedtech

foxymedtech New Member

the seller says its ok....

The seller says that she has used super glue to stop leaks in her aquarium and it didnt hurt her fish. Then she told me about how her husband superglued his dentures and he's still alive. So, I think I am going to experiment and try it in a tank with a feeder goldfish. If the goldfish dies, Ive only lost a quarter and I can return the castle. Thanks for responding so quickly!

8. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

super glue is fine. i used it in my reef for the first time a month ago and everyone is still beautiful. no problems. also i do know many people who use it in thier reefs and all is perfectly fine.

9. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi foxymedtech, I definately would not use super glue in an aquarium. Only use silicone that is listed as safe for aquarium use. I used to think that all silicone sealant was the same, but it is not. I once used a silicone that did not specify that it was safe for aquarium use. I ended up throwing the tank away. Repeatedly after about 5 months after putting fish in the tank, over night all of the fish in the tank would die even though it appeared to be running perfectly.

10. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

IT'S FINE. I PROMISE.

11. red devil

red devil New Member

I would have to aggrea with Kc5gvn only because he is really knowledgable and provided help in the past. I myself do not know the answer but if your not sure it probley wouldnt be a good idea and fedder fish arent handled to delicatly and may have a dease that hecould die from it might not be the superglue.

12. dude412

dude412 New Member

i agree with hotter head not to choose sides or anything is because i have used it for a small broken ornament and theres no swing in ph no fish died or got sick

13. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

This is an old thread but I'll hop in here to say that people use super glue and egg shell to patch the shells of snails if they get holes in them.

-Chelle