1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

swim bladder disorder in bettas

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Carliyna, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Carliyna

Carliyna New Member

I have a betta ..i believe he has swim bladder disorder ..tried fasting did not work.. did not eat peas .now try to medicate him ..giving him melafix ...is it okay to give him pimafix at the same time...it is a one gallon tank ..it is sad to see him dart around the tank ..still upright though at the top ..can he still make it

any help would be much appreciated..

2. brads

brads New Member

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Melafix & Pimafix, although they can be used together, will do absolutely nothing to help swim bladder problems.

How large and how often are your water changes (in a 1 gallon bowl with a betta, they really should be 100% every other day). Also what, how much, and how often are you feeding your betta? Has he been pooping normally? One of the most common causes of swim bladder problems is constipation (although bacterial infections & injuries can cause it too).

-Chelle

4. Carliyna

Carliyna New Member

i was changing water every other day ... eats now once a day ..i or 2 worms if he is eating not sure if he is pooping or not ..gravel is in the bottom ..it is possible he got hurt ....unintentionally by a water change..pouring the water into the tank during a 25 % water change ..do not know for sure