1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

tank noise

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by fishy_chick, Apr 26, 2004.

1. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

I'm setting up a reef aquarium in my bedroom. I've had fish tanks in my room for years and the filter noise has never bothered me- infact, I cant sleep without the sound of my Fluval. I know for sure that I'll have 2 Fluval 204 filters and a protein skimmer. I'll probably have some kind of airator and possibly a wave-maker next year. Does anyone else have an aquarium like this in their bedroom? How loud do you think this will be?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I have a 20 gallon tank in my bedroom with an HOB and air pump. Plus I leave my computer on 24/7 and I have a ceiling fan constantly going. It doesn't really bother me much.

My brother used to keep 2 computers constantly on in his room. When he moved out it was amazing how loud the silence was (if that makes any sense at all).

The nice thing about canister filters is you can put them inside the tank stand which cuts out quite a bit of the noise. I have to put my head right next to the door of the stand to be able to hear my canisters running.

-Chelle

3. J_acon

J_acon New Member

I had two tanks in my room, both with powerfilters, slept like a pig. No problem for me. :D

4. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

Ok, I should be fine then. Thanks for your help.

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Tank noise drives me crazy! I absolutely loathe the sound of a bio-wheel!!!! :x When I bought the 5 gallon for my room I made sure it said "silent" on the box and sure enough unless I stand right next to it I can't hear it.

6. raghu_gg

raghu_gg New Member

Code:
    :o 

Propably if you have a power head  and are facing the problem of loud noise the you might want to extend the areators pipe and the noice might subside to a large, This worked for me