1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

territory

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by jbrules, May 31, 2004.

1. jbrules

jbrules New Member

I have a bird that thinks it is one of us or that we are a bigger version of him. my problem is that it thinks it is top bird in the pecking order when it comes to the kids of the house. It attacks them, pecks at there feet, chases them etc, takes things from them and scares the hell out of the kids. He is really fine with me and hubby but not the kids. How do I get this bird to be nicer. The kids havent done anything wrong and often feed it, but still doenst make any difference. I need help or my kids might have to go LOL. :mrgreen: . Surely there must be a way for the bird to except them as not a threat. Jan

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi sorry to hear your having problems with your bird.
    I have never heard of a bird being like this i know cockatiels can be trouble makers when they are upset or angry.

What kind of bird is he?
    You could try and have the bird sat on your hand and have the kids pet him keep doing this for a couple of days see if he improves or if you know any breeders in your area you could ask them if they have had an similar problems and ask if they have any suggestions.

sorry i could not be of more help.

mike

3. jbrules

jbrules New Member

it is a wild bird to tell the truth. Found when young and now very domesticated. It thinks it is human or us just big magpies. It doesnt go for me or hubby. Its like it knows it has the upper hand when it comes to the kids. I heard a behaviour of simular with a pet duck but I cant now remember what the behaviourist suggested to do. If anyone could suggest something. I will try what you said though. thanks jan