1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The Life of Bobo (among others)

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by bellack1, Jun 27, 2004.

1. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

yes...miracles do happen. bellack1, happy fourth of july to you too.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Bobo has a website full of "surrogate mommas" LOL

3. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:wink: yep...he does...

4. vene

vene New Member

Yeah, what a scare and miracles do happen! Sounds like Bobo is already a stinker child, sick of plain milk already. He had all of us fooled. Bellack, you are one sharp momma cat and knew that your child was a picky eater. Thank goodness for Mary's advice. :eek: Very happy July 4th to all!

5. Annie

Annie New Member

BRAVO Bellback, you are truly a star and I am so happy that Bobo has perked up. I'm just new on the forum and sat and read this whole thread this afternoon and have been waiting with bated breath to find out how you got on with the syrup. We can all sleep easy tonight thank goodness :D

Well done you!!

My very best wishes for you and Bobo
    Annie

6. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Thank you guys so much. You don't know how greatful I am for finding this site. Thanks for all your love and dedication. You may not realize you have it but you do!! Bobo sneezed twice today but I'm not worried. I have to feed him again at 6 (50 minutes) and I hope he will eat. He is starting to walk and open his eyes. He's just a late bloomer. :lol:

Thanks again- I'm sure something else will come up...they always do!!

7. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Oh by the way would anyone have any recommendations on kitty food. I looked for wellness in petco but they didn't ahve it. I saw Science diet and I thought that was good. Is iams good or purina? They are popular. Thanks again....also I will be weaning Bobo soon- any tips. I've read a bunch of stuff so I think it'll be okay. First I have to get him to lick it off my finger, then mix the milk with the canned food and slowly take out the milk. This will get him onto th canned food but to get him eatig hard food do I just mix it?

I tried to call the vet to make an appointment yesterday but by the time I got home from work (yay I can actually say that now!!) they were closed (2pm) and closed on sundays so I'll call tomorrow morning.

Thanks!!! :eek: :y_the_best:

8. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Well Bobo pooped and I put his stool sample in the fridge if I have to go to the vet 2morrow. (ewwww) :x

He's eating willingly but he's still not back to normal. He just ate about 15ml. I dunno- he'll prolly be fine.

What could the vet test for in his stool? If there is something wrong I hope they find it.

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Triumph makes a good canned kitten food but I don't know how easy it is to find - I had to order it from petfooddirect.com as we don't have much around here. Science Diet isn't that great - it's pushed by vets cause they get a cut on what they sell. Iams I won't buy (that's all I can get around here) cause of the animal testing they do. I have had good luck with Friskies canned kitten food...my Little Fella Zeus (all 13 lbs. of him) could only eat that when he was a kitten as all the other kitten foods gave him HORRENDOUS "dire-rear" I'm talking nasty stuff coming from his butt!!!! It was the fat content in the other foods. I ran out of Triumph for the foster kittens and got Friskies and they are doing fine with it.

The vet will check the stool for various parasites - tapeworm, coccadia, etc. If any show up they'll give you medications for them.

and I wanted to say....for a young person I think you are doing a wonderful job in caring for this kitten. I think you should consider a future in the animal field - you are gaining some valuable experience with this. If I ever need help with any of my foster cats you can are welcome to come here :y_the_best:

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi bellack1...well, part of it is our concern for bobo, and part of it is because of you...your personality style, your enthusiasm, your sense of responsibility, your follow through..etc. it is very easy to want to help you and bobo. and you are very giving to the other members on the forum, as i have read your posts to other people. so ditto what marynh said.

now...sometimes if you look the food up on the internet and go to the website, they can tell you if there is a local distributer like...here in phx they have wellness and innova at a feed supply store that i always thought was mostly for horses. i would never have guessed they sold specialized cat food. so you may try that route...ya never know.

did bobo eat at 6?

11. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Yeah Bobo ate at 6- thats what I was talking about here:

Thanks. Ok Iams is def out of the question. I am so against animal testing. Thanks once again. I'll start looking up that stuff now.

By the way, is this a good deal or forget about it? I was thinking of harness training Bobo when he gets older.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Thanks!! :mrgreen: Youz are awesome!

12. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

that is nice...but you can buy a good figure 8 harness/leash for 1/2 of that price. I'd wait and spend less money on something that works just as well (I'm a cheap Yankee :D

13. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:eek: i think a record has been set bellack1 on this post. it has 92 responses so far. i am going to check. but i dont think any other posts have ever had this many....

15. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Awww... thanks guys...
    :eek:
    Great news!!

Bobo ate a whole 25 ml's last night AND this morning.

PLUS

The inside corner of his LEFT eye is starting to open too now. HIs eyes should be open in a couple days.!!! So excited to see those beautiful blue eyes.!!! He's huge too (compared to when I first found him) When I said that yesterday everyone laughed b/c he's so tiny to them.

Still looking up food and litter. I know I can't get clumping litter b/c he might choke on it. Is there and non-clumping litter andyone could recommend??

Love you guys!!!!!!! :y_the_best:

16. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

yea!!! what a relief. i use fresh step kitty litter. it is more expensive, but i dont think it has the dust that the others do. dont know about food.

17. nern

nern New Member

I've used Chicken Soup and Felidae and I think both of those brands are excellent. Nutro, Precise, Pro Pac and Evolve are pretty good too. Petfooddirect also carries Wellness kitten food. I'm not sure why it does'nt come up with the other canned kitten foods but you can check it out here: http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/prod ... 913&Page=2 . I'd probably go with Wellness if you can afford it. :wink:

Feline Pine is a good, non clumping litter. I like it alot.
    There are a few clumping litters that are supposed to be safe if eaten because they are made of natural ingredients. Worlds Best is made of corn and Swheat Scoop is made of wheat.

18. nern

nern New Member

19. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Thanks...

Bobo won't eat again. I don't know whats up with him. He'll eat a lot an then won't eat at all. At 9am he ate 25ml's and then I went to feed him at 3 and he wouldn't eat again. Not even a litttle. I didn't force feed him either. I'm gunna try again in a little bit. He pooped a lot though so maybe thats why he wouldn't eat- he was all popped out..LOL :lol:

Well I'll try again and see. I'll let you know. Hope he does :|

20. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Thanks...

Bobo won't eat again. I don't know whats up with him. He'll eat a lot an then won't eat at all. At 9am he ate 25ml's and then I went to feed him at 3 and he wouldn't eat again. Not even a litttle. I didn't force feed him either. I'm gunna try again in a little bit. He pooped a lot though so maybe thats why he wouldn't eat- he was all popped out..LOL :lol:

Well I'll try again and see. I'll let you know. Hope he does :| [-o<