1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about getting a budgie...

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Magpie1984, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Magpie1984

Magpie1984 New Member

hello: I was thinking about getting a budgie,I don;t know if I want to get a male or female. I have heard that males are easier to hand tame and teach...my questions are,what temperature should I keep the room where I have the cage? are budgies good family pets? and the last question I have is...how do I keep my budgie safe when I have a dog,or any other kind of pet? And oh yes I have called people in my city but no one seams to know if there are any budgie breeders,the only place I can get one is from a pet shop...how will I ever train a budgie that has not had any real contact with people?

thank you for your time... :shock:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi budgies are great pets, Males are alot easier to handle and train, Females are territorial and will attack you if they are wanting to breed so will protect there cage.

Petshop birds can still be trained it just takes time and patience, The main thing to look out for is that the cages are not over crowded, there feathers are in good condition and they are bright eyes with no discharge from the eyes nose or vent area.

As for keeping your bird safe from other pets is keeping the cage somewhere the cats and dogs can not get to him, Most people get a cage that can be placed on a hook hanging from the ceiling.

Mike