1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of adding another parakeet

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by guppybreeder, Mar 17, 2006.

1. guppybreeder

guppybreeder New Member

I currently have 1 parakeet and i picked up a few books on parakeet care and both of them said diffrent things on how to introduce the new parakeet so i though i would ask you guys

Thanks in advance :D

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Before intorducing the birds together its is best to have a second cage, This way the new bird can be caged on its own away from the bird you already have, This is for a 30day quarintine (sp) period to make sure the new bird is not sick in anyway.

You simply place the new bird in his/her cage and place it in a different part of the room so that they can see and hear each other.

After 30days i usually let them out together so that they can fly around and get used to each other for abut 20minutes, After that you can place them both in the cage and see how they get on.

There will be some squabbles until they work out there difference but aslong as there is no blood drawn then allow them to work these out.

If blood is drawn remove the new bird and place back in its cage and place the cage side by side the other cage wait till the following day and try again.

Mike

3. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I would , but my parents said no. :cry: