1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Three week old kittens

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by dana_pie, Oct 2, 2005.

1. dana_pie

dana_pie New Member

Does anyone have a good recipe for making kitten grule for 3 week old kittens?

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Sorry I can't help you but welcome to our kitty Board. Everyone is very nice here. :)

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Can you get a kitten weaning formula from a pet store??

Or a good canned kitten food with some warm water added to make it real mushy.

4. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

I used KMR with softened kitten food. And warmed it all up.

P.S. Welcome to the board!

5. nern

nern New Member

I introduced canned food to mine at 3wks but they also still nursed on their mother. I would try the KMR mixed with canned kitten food.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

a good gruel (with KMR for an addition) is a good quality canned kitten food made soupy with Pediatlye and add NutraCal to it.
    I have a friend who adopted an approx. 4 week old kitten when the owner moved, took the mother and left the kitten :x she started with KMR only for about 1 week then gradually started mixing that with a good quality canned kitten food eliminating the KMR slowly.
    Kitten is doing fine and has grown well

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I would stick to kitten formula and maybe some watered down canned food. When we adopted Tennessee, she was about 6 weeks old (shelter said she was 8 but there's now way she was that old). She kept choking on dry food even when it was moistened. Two of her litter mates actually died at the shelter and they couldn't figure out why, but I'm willing to bet they choked. We kept her on formula and some watered down canned food for a few weeks and gradually added in some blended dry food and she did just fine.

-Chelle