1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

to desex or not to desex?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Jules, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Jas

Jas New Member

I just want to say I'm glad you've chose to alter your dog. That is probably the best decision. For many of the reasons listed breeding is not to be taken lightly.

Actually one of my favorite sites is the Doberman Pinscher club of America. http://www.dpca.org/ There is a wealth of knowledge within the many articles. Have a read through and to ease any doubt contact some of the breeders or the education committee, I am sure they would be willing to offer an opinion or guidance.

I bet you have a gorgeous dog. Remember while vets have a lot of knowledge in various areas, many are not breeders. It's great for the vet to offer an opinion but 5 months of age does not necessarily give an accurate evaluation of how your dog will be as an adult. Consider, health, type, temperament, history and pedigree. Pay a visit to the breeder of your dog to discuss. If you choose to get into breeding you still have at least another year & half - two years before it should happen, so now would be a good time to learn about genetics, history, health testing, raising puppies, responsible breeding and all that goes with it. Better to start out right and knowledgeable

Good luck to you
    :) Jas