1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Tony leaves us Friday

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

His new Meowmy and PawPaw live about 1.5 hours south of us, so Friday I'm meeting them 1/2 way with their new furkid. Tony is sitting here on my lap just staring into my face :cry: we've really come to love this homeless waif.

Was much easier giving up the kittens I have fostered - they are a lot of work....scooping, feeding, chasing 5 kittens around is time consuming. But Tony is the perfect cat....I'm so very happy for him, but so sad for me.

Oh well *heavy sigh* I know when I foster it's only temporary and I'll feel better soon but I'm not looking forward to thinking about him leaving the rest of the week....but I am so glad such fine people adopted him. And my sister lives near them - wonder what they are doing Sunday :wink:

2. nern

nern New Member

I can imagine how tough it must be to see them go. I'm glad he is being adopted to a good home. Its nice that you are able to help.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Mary. I'm sorry you're feeling a little blue about seeing Tony go. It's not easy having mixed feelings. Apart of you is happy for him, but then apart of you is sad to see him go.

I was thinking of fostering again too. However, I am the worst foster daddy, because I want to keep them all and nobody is ever good enough for them! :wink: For example: My very first (and last) foster job was 5 kittens that were 3 weeks old from my local rescue. All of them were so sick, except for one really cute grey kitty that was as healthy as can be. Well, I spent about 3-4 days per week bringing the sick kittens to the vet. Two of them passed away before they were 6-8 weeks old, despite the vets best efforts. Two of the three remaining ones were also sick. Again the vets couldn't do anything for them. Despite this, I adopted the remaining three kittens. Two more passed away, leaving me with the one that I always had a very strong bond with, the grey kitty that I named, Handsome.

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Mary - At least Tony is off to a good home! Of course you will miss him, but now you have room to foster another needy one!!

Chessmind - So that's how Handsome can to you. This is my only concern with fostering - I may end up keeping the first one! Of course Moe will have to approve first and she's very picky with who she calls "friend".

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Its hard to foster. Its even harder to rescue. Once you nurse them back to health, spend countless hours loving and nutruring them. and watching them progress and grow. Its near impossible to say goodbye.

I cry after every animal leaves my care.

6. vene

vene New Member

Mary, I feel like I'm gonna miss Tony too after reading about him in your various posts. Someday I would love to foster kitties but I'm going to end up like all of you- having lots of trouble letting go after they get adopted. I would definitely end up getting too attached. Maybe I'll just stick with volunteer work like playing and cleaning after them in shelters or stores. It's less painful this way.

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

mary...i know you are sad...i am sad too. he sounds like a wonderful kitty.

now...that is the funniest thing i have heard in a while..."meowmy and paw-paw" that's hysterical. never ever heard it before....