1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Towel Training Method :S plz help!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Xxangel_sunnyxX, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Xxangel_sunnyxX

Xxangel_sunnyxX New Member

Hiya,

Dus ne1 here hav ne views on towel training where you pick the bird up in a towel everyday and stroke it till it gets used to your hands?? Does this work and is it better thn finger training or jst an absolute no no lol!! Plz write bk nd tel me!!

Thnx,

Lottz xXxXx

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I have never used this method i have always just held my hand in the cage until they were comftable with me as i find using a cloth or towel frightens the bird more as they cant move.

Maybe someone else has used this method and could give you some help but i would have to say no dont use it.

Mike

3. Lynelle

Lynelle New Member

Towel Training

I have not had any luck with this method, all of my birds hate towels unless they are babies - then they love to snuggle in them. It seems they out grow them and get scared of them. I wonder if it doesn't depend on the type of bird you have? And I know my vet uses a towel to restrain the parrots when they need their wings and toes trimmed - might have something to do with that. Better to try to be its friend by talking to it and giving it treats, go slow do not force yourself on him. Good luck! Ask more questions if wanted.