1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Toys!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by pitzerlover, Apr 1, 2004.

1. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Cool little video Jao. i joined there also, so maybe I'll see you over there too!

2. Walt

Walt New Member

1st off thats a nice pic of you dog Bully I dont think i've seen that one yet :idea:

Ok,
    I have a tree in my back yard with a fairly low hanging limb. From the limb I tied a short length of rope about 2 feet or depending on how high your limb is, on the other end I tied a garage door spring (the lightest gage you can find at Home Depot etc.) Then from the spring tie another length of rope to your tug. And thats all I did.

Here's where I got my tug from http://www.k9toolbox.com/

3. Walt

Walt New Member

Yo jao_apbt,

I think that link is broken or at least it doesnt work for me.

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

This isn't going to help anyone out, but it might give you guys a couple of laughs. One of my females absolutely loves tug of war. One day, I was working with her on 'get it', 'sit for it', 'release', etc. Didn't get too far with the 'release it' command, but that's neither here nor there. I was playing real rough with her. I'd be holding the toy (a BIG rope with a knot at each end) very close to my body and tell her to get it. After she'd lose her grip, I'd tell her to 'sit for it' as I still waved it around, both close to myself and closer to her. She did great! Then, just for fun, I decided to *try* to pick her up while she had a good grip on the rope. I just wanted to see how long she'd hold on. Well, like a dummy, I go to pick her up while looking down at her. She held on until she was almost completely off the ground. Of course, when she finally let go, my fist went straight into my face! OUCH! Looking back on it, it was like "DUH"! I was practically holding up a dog that weighs almost 50 lbs, and had my face right above my hands. What did I think was going to happen when she finally let go. Looking back on it, I thought it was funny as h*ll. Sorry - a little of topic, but I had to share my story.

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

nice story Spencerpits. This weekend, I was taking some tape off of our borders (just painted the bedroom), and I was lazy so I just sat there and kept pulling, well, the tape got stretched to much and snapped, and MY hand flew back and hit ME in the face. I kinda made a UGH! sound so, since I was behind the bed Harley jumps up on the bed to check on mom, and I didn't see her, so as I go to pull my self up, I go to stand and get head butted by Harley right in the chin. LOL. OMG, I was laughing so hard at the situation, I'm glad hubby wasn't there to join in on it though.

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Back to the original topic, I found that taking a pair of old jeans and cutting the leggs off. I roll them (length wise) tightly all the way up an dthen use 50lb test fishing line to sew the end to the roll. The dogs love it and have never torn one! Its sooo tough and virtually indistructable. The only downfall is if left outside in the weather, after a while (about 2 years) the denim begins to rott......
    But its cheap, and durable for a good long while!

7. Sara

Sara New Member

Flirt Pole

My dogs LOVE the flirt pole... They'd play with it for hours... The only draw back to it is diziness for the operator... It's good for OB drills too... I get mine in a sit or down and get that toy going on the end of the flirt pole... It's like a hypnotizing tool or something. They love it and talk about air time... Mine does all kinds of acrobatics trying to get the toy... It's another great way to pay with the pits.