1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

trying to find out about if my bird is female or malr

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by AlexBan, Mar 14, 2008.

1. AlexBan

AlexBan New Member

:?: I would like to know if my cockatiel if my bird is female or male! How can I tell? :eek:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It depends on the colour mutation, Normal greys and cinnamons are easier to sex the others may need to have a DNA sexing test done...

What colour is your bird and how old, Do you have a picture and i should be able to tell you wether you have a male or female.

Also people will say the males do the singing and the females are more relaxed and quiet, This is just not true i have a female cockatiel that sings more and better than my male hehehe.

Mike

3. Chezza

Chezza New Member

My girl is very vocal too lol :lol:
    Have you got a picture of your teil . :y_the_best:

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Here is my male and female tiels.
    My female is the cinnamon one at the front of the cage and max is my normal grey male..

[​IMG]

5. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Awwwwww there so cute.. :eek:
    I will take a picc of my 2 later :D

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Nice looking tiels Charmedagain.. they look nice and healthy..

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Meeko my cinnamon tiel that is at the front of the cage, I hand raised her from 3days old as her parents killed the rest of the clutch and i just managed to save her.

It was a long process of getting up every 1-2hours heating up some food and feeding her, then making sure the temp in her box was ok, Her box stayed by my bed until she was 6 weeks old before i moved her into a cage, she took to eating for herself almost straight away when i started weaning her.

Now whenever she see's me she always wolf whistles, She even likes to be out of the cage sat on the dogs back so she can play with the dogs fur haha.

Mike

8. feather friend

feather friend New Member

Here is my cock Collette. You have sweet looking tiels Mike.

[​IMG]

I do not know why it comes out SO big :mrgreen:

9. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi you have a female normal grey there and she is a cutie...

She has little to no colouring to her face apart from her orange cheek patches, so you definatly have a female

10. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Yep defiantly a gal lol :eek: :eek:
    She has a heap of barring under her back tail feathers