1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to sculpt a horse, need some help!

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by aleah_klay, May 25, 2006.

1. aleah_klay

aleah_klay New Member

Hi,

I just found this forum and I think I'll be coming here often I love animals and regularly sculpt them plus I've got pets and am always tempted to get another.

I do not have a horse. I'd like to have one some day but I'm not ready for one now.

I've got a problem.

I'm a sculptor and my next idea involves a horse. In this case it's going to be a specific scale, which means I need measurements of a real horse in order to scale it down correctly to the miniature version I'll be making. I've searched the internet to find measurements of a horse, Any horse at this point. I quickly learned horses are measured by hand. An interesting fact. But it does me no good :)

So I've got two questions:

What breed is this?

http://www.gaitedhorses.net/Pictures/CAJUN.gif

and does anyone know the measurements in inches of that type of horse?

I'd appreciate any kind of help you are willing to give.

Best Wishes,
    Aleah

2. someday

someday New Member

I followed the link back and found some info on the horse. He is a Tennessee Walking Horse. He is also registered as a Spotted Saddle Horse. He is 15.3 hands. A hand equals 4 inches. So he is 63 inches at the withers. This is where the neck meets the back.
    Here is a link explaining where a horse's withers are.
    http://www.horse-of-dream.vsau.ru/exter/height-e.html

3. aleah_klay

aleah_klay New Member

I found a link last night that said a hand is four inches but I still couldn't figure out what breed the horse is. So you helped me out a lot. Thank you!!

-Aleah

4. someday

someday New Member