1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Two stray kittens is back to one again

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Oct 22, 2004.

1. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry Bente that is so horrible and sad. :cry: :cry:
    {{hugs}}

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

what does that mean bente?? did he kill the kitten? is that what you are thinking?? or did he just let it loose outside?

i am so sorry.... :cry:

bente...the reason that you may have blocked it...is because we have psychological defenses that keep up safe from pain, or forbidden impulses. denial, suppression, repression. you either had denial, or suppressed the painful idea to protect yourself from the awful reality of what he may have done. dont beat yourself up about that...it happens alot...its not bad...just protects you.

i really am so sorry this happened. hang in there...i will say a prayer for the kitty. 8-[

3. vene

vene New Member

*HUGS* Bente. :cry:

4. Bente

Bente New Member

Thanks everybody.

He killed it :cry: It was just too hard to actally write it down yesterday.
    That makes it more real...
    but i don't know how he did it. He killed the other cat i mentioned too.
    That was 6 or 7 years ago. My step-mother said something about he putting it in the trunk, but i cant imagine he just let it starve to death...
    My brother said something about strangling, but i don't know if i want to know...

And thanks for the explanation, its good to know

5. Ginger

Ginger New Member

I'm so sorry Bente! I am shocked :shock: How could anyone do that to a little kitten? You must have some mixed emotions toward your dad at the moment?

I have to ask .... do you think the other kitten is safe in his home?

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

oh bente...what an awful thing to have happen. how are you going to handle it with him? will you say anything? what an incredibly difficult situation. me? id have his head on a chopping block. sorry...i know hes your father, but hed be a goner....i doubt if i would every speak to him again. but thats just me.... :( :m3: :m36:

7. vene

vene New Member

Bente, your story is giving me the chills. :shock:

8. Bente

Bente New Member

Yes he is safe. The reason my dad killed the other one is because they only planned on having one kitten, and when the smallest one got sick it was appearently too much trouble with him... I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but thats the reason.

I havent talked to him yet, but it's normal for us not to see eachother for days, so he doesn't know how angry i am. Or well, he must have a clue from how i reacted...
    But i hate confrontations! I just don't know how to handle this... A part of me want to let it pass, but my sense is telling me it's wrong that he'll get away with it...

I realize now that my family's wiew on pets are totally different from mine.

9. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

:(

I am very sorry. I don't understand how other people can see animals as objects, but it happens. I hate to say, even if I wanted to, I don't think I'd be able to drop it (that is - what happened with your family). I have a feeling that it will still haunt you even if you want to forget about it.

((hugs))

10. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

That was so sad looking at those cute pictures of those kittens together and then reading about what happened to the little one. I feel for you as i've known people with similar attitudes about animals not being worthy of good care. It's very frustrating, especially when it's coming from someone you love. I know you said that the other kitten should be safe since they planned to keep one, but this kitten was also exposed to the other sick kitten. What if the remaining kitten gets sick? Will they take him to the Vet then?? ...or get a new one? Maybe if you explain to him that you invest your time and love into a pet because you love THAT pet, not just any old pet. When i wanted to foster Vianne, the Head Vet was against it and telling me that she was going to get too sick and i would be better off fostering some other kitten. Then i explained that i didnt want to foster just any kitten, i wanted to save Vianne. I got very upset about it and so she let me foster her, and i love her to death. Sorry i'm rambling on here, but i was very disturbed and upset by your story. I know there are so many people that think like your dad does about animals, but they don't understand that domestic animals are like babies and they depend on humans to help them stay healthy and each one is special and unique. I'm sorry you had to experience that within your own family.

11. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm so sorry about the little kitten. It is very sad. :cry:

12. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Oh Bente I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I've known people who think that if one pets gets sick you can just dispose of it and get anther one.

Once when Max got sick one guy told my dad to shoot him and get another dog. Needless to say he got an earful from me :x .

About confronting your dad it's really your call. It could put a strain on your relationship with him but then again he has to know that what he did isn't right.