1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Uk's rare platy breed

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by 3_second_memory, Jan 8, 2005.

1. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

In the UK a new breed of platy has been introduced. There are only 100 in the entire UK.

I own 3.

I cant post a pic, but, its plain white translucent with 1-2 bands of orange. usually covering the face area, or just the base of the tail, if its two stripes, the usually the head and tail base together.

Has any one heard of this species in any other country?

or seen them in the UK?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Never heard of them. The colors don't look like they're made of injected dye do they?

-Chelle

3. 3_second_memory

no mot attal, the orange bands are translucent like the white of the rest of the body.

4. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Thats interesting, i sappose its careful albino breeding, i have found many of my albino fry to have a yellow color on the front of the body slowly faiding out to a white, so i guess its possible. When was the fish introduced?

5. 3_second_memory

well the platies were at work for a week or so, then i took two home and introdused them a few weeks ago to my tank, and then my boss said i could have the 3rd platy free as no one was buying it, there were 4 at the shop so ony one was baught coz i got the only male! So i got that one and introdused him fri.

I think part of them are albino as the eyes are orange, and they also go red in a certain light and they look like their eyes glow, but i know they wont loose their colour as our stockist had them that orange colour and they stayed that colour at the shop and y boss said they are bred with that colouring.

They're def part albino i think.

6. OneWolvesDream

I would say they are part albino then, one of my albino fry is a nice orange color head almost a red and the color slowly faids into a white color. So i would say thats the closest. Would it be possible to post a pic?

7. becsters23

becsters23 New Member

those fish sound really cool looking!! Would definitely love to see pics if you have any!

-Bec

8. 3_second_memory

how wd i get pics up?

9. OneWolvesDream

Usually you get a pic hosted on a site, like photobucket and so forth..if you would like i would be happy to host the pic and post it for you.

10. 3_second_memory

that would be a great idea thankyou.

Wen i get a pic, youll have to tell me what to do. Ill PM U.

thanks

11. OneWolvesDream

12. 3_second_memory