1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

umm he keeps chirpin.

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Knightzane, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Knightzane

Knightzane New Member

he keeps chirping why won't he stop?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Birds sing for a number of reason,

1 Happy
    2 Bored
    3 annoyed
    4 scared
    5 wanting your attention
    6 wanting to be out of the cage
    7 needs more food or water

But usually its because they are happy and they want to sing to you, Put a radio on and this will keep him happy..

mike

3. Knightzane

Knightzane New Member

could it be the dogs just got in? oh and I found your site while I was looking for a project for school. great site! :y_the_best: :mrgreen:

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

He could be wanting to get your dogs attention so he is chirping on, If it gets too much simply cover the cage and he will quieten down.

Also welcome to the boards

Mike

5. Knightzane

Knightzane New Member

thank you and why is it that when people get to close to the cage he starts going berserk (he also does that with the dogs)

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

He could either be warning people to stay away or he is wanting to be out of the cage.

My birds go crazy when anyone goes near the cage for someone to let them out

Mike

7. Knightzane

Knightzane New Member

oh is that so ok but what is it when the dogs go near? I wish I knew what it was about. :(

8. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

If its when your dogs go passed it sounds like a fear reaction and this is there way to warn the dogs to stay away from the cage.

Mike

9. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

He probably wants your attetion.

10. Lithium Kraft

Lithium Kraft New Member

Yep, I agree with Zeppy.

Now that summer's here I can sit on my bed all day and have my two little parakeets hopping and flying around the room, and one of them, to my delight, will very often come as close as he can to me and begin cheeping very loudly because he wants me to give him some millet spray. :D

11. Chezza

Chezza New Member

You should here my cockatiels go off when I pull up in the car, "CRIKEYS"..Talk about a really warm welcome lol.. :lol:

I find if theres more noise in the house, talking, music, TV, they will try to compete..The more noise the louder they get..

12. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

One of my cockatiels is like that she dont half use her vocals hahah, I put it down to me hand raising her from 3days old and she likes my attention all the time, Even during breeding season she will do her duty with her mate then call to be let out of the cage, When she has laid eggs after each one laid she will call for me until she gets my attention and sits there all proud as if to say look daddy i got another one hahah.

She loves music and will whistle along happily, She has different tunes and tones which most people thought she was a male including me when she was younger as the males are usually the only ones with a different note range....

But cockatiels are great big parrots in a little body is what i say

Mike

13. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Lol charmedagain, now thats bonding

:lol:

I have 4 cockatiels and one budgie, Iv got some piccs i'l put up.. :D