1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Uncertain about what fish should go in my aquarium(s)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Hey, I generally condemn people telling other ppl exactly what to put in their tanks, but this is an exception, lol. Well, what happened is that we are now starting to plan what we are going to decorate and put in our basement and my parents said that in one of the sitting areas that they want a very nice fish tank, and also we decided that we want another one in our upstairs family room. So since the one in the family room is going to be near more ppl, I think that, the tank in there should be a bit more colorful and impressive than the other one. With that said, plan on putting a tank anywhere from 20, 30 or 40 gallons in the family room and another one about 40 gallons in the basement. With all that said, one of the tanks would is possibly be stocked it with some blue tetras, cardinals/neons, an angel, two rams and 3 clown loaches, and the other two (in one I presently have occupied with my ropefish) I have no idea. My older brother was thinking about piranahs, but I don't know. Any suggestions?

2. jeff9373

jeff9373 New Member

I like the blue tetra and cardinals and angels are cool I am not sure but I dont think 40 gallons would be big enough for pirnahs and if you already have a rope fish i think the piranahs would kill it

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I obvilously don't plan on putting the ropefish with the piranha and it think at least 1 piranhas should be able to live comfortably in a 40 gallon, however, I am not 100% sure.

4. jeff9373

jeff9373 New Member

ok cool I was'nt sure about that but pretty sure one would be fine in a 40 gallon

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

I'm not a pirahna fan. But, personally depending on the size the tank turns out to be I'd go for some firemouths and/or jewel cichlids. Maybe add some sort of fancy pleco like a gold nugget?

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Would the firemouths harass the pleco those?

7. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I wouldnt think Firemouths would harrass the pleco and for the piranha it should really be a 55 gallon to live "comfortably" since they get to be a nice size (8-12 inches). And as for what to put in the tank with the Ropefish, hmmm... Firemouths, Jewels, some pretty looking (somewhat peaceful) cichlid(s) or go for something odd like the Ropefish.

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I was wondering if I could put the ropefish in a community tank?