1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Update ~ first grooming appt...

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Aug 3, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Hi!

We all survived the first grooming appt.!

Okay.. I think the girls did much better than mommy (I actually had tears in my eyes when I dropped them off! I know.. what a baby I am!). Dropped them off at 1:00 and they were ready at 4:00... what a LONG 3 hrs. for mommy!

I was SO nervous not knowing how they'd handle it and just leaving them in general. This was the first time we've dropped off the girls anywhere so it was very hard. The women there were wonderful and we had Molly and Emma in their crate and they just looked around checking stuff out. I did take comfort in knowing they had each other :D

Along with the grooming the woman said that it would be very much like a 'play session' the first time to get the girls used to them and used to the misc. items etc. When we got there at 4:00, I heard the woman say to her son that we were there and to please bring Molly out... out comes Molly being held by an 8 yr. old who just loved her to death! He kept petting her and saying "What a cute puppy, I love her!". It was too funny! They were just finishing up Emma and I watched as she finished clipping her. She was shaking a little but all in all okay. There was another woman there picking up her 3 dogs and she wasn't paying attention and one of them went over to Molly (who was still in Nicholas's arms, the little boy) and I really wasn't sure how Molly would react but she moved her little face towards him and they rubbed noses! :mrgreen:

They had their final vaccination the night before the grooming so this was litterally their first time out and around other dogs! They really did handle it well, I was so proud of them!!

The cut took some getting used to the first day, simply because their hair was so long because we hadn't been able to groom them until their shots were complete. We didn't have them shaved, we had them leave about 1 inch roughly. They are so cute! It's so nice to see their faces clearly.

I took some pics, will post some tonight or tomorrow :D

2. Rene

Rene New Member

that is too cute glad it went well i remeber the first time i took sebastain and jasmine to the groomer i felt like such a bad mommy for leaving them there and in a cage my gosh. it truned out they love it and they look so cute after

can't wait to see your pictures.

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

This reminds me of the very first time I had to leave my newborn son. I had gone to dinner for my MIL's birthday. I did all I could to keep contained. I really wanted to cry. But I survived. Its an aweful feeling isn't it. Can't wait to see their new look.

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

PooGirl~

What great news...I'm glad all went well!!! :y_the_best:

Definitely sounds like mommy took it harder than the girls...LOL! :lol: However, it seems as though they were in good hands! I remember the first time I had Mickey & Tigger cut down short, it was a bit of a shocker at first, but I LOVED how little the upkeep was. The short cut definitely grew on me, and now I actually prefer the short cut over the long coat, both appearance and upkeep wise!

Can't wait to see pics of them! :D

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I HAD TEARS TOOOOOOO with Bailey's first visit! LOL..... Just wait until you take them to be spayed, Christine! You're going to have a coronary, like I did!!!!!!!! (nottttt kidding!)

You better hurry your little hiney up and post those pictures! I've been waitingggggggggggggggggggg and waitinggggggggggg patiently! ME? PATIENT?? ha ha ha

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Oh.... you don't even know the half of it!!!! We actually scheduled their spaying for September 8th and I've already taken that day plus the 2 days following off from work!!!! I KNOW I'm going to have a coronary!!!

Ugh..

I'll get pics up tonight of my little pumpkins!

7. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

hey

Where are the Pictures???? :?

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Sorry everyone.. no pics yet :( When hubby and I got home last night we had NO power! We've had several storms here the past week and more to come today. I'm sorry, I know everyone is waiting (I hate waiting myself!) :( As long as we have power tonight, they'll be up!

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

and what is your excuse tonite, young lady!?!?!?

:m14:

10. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Holy cow that's an enormous emoticon!!! :shock:

Okay.. I HAVE the pictures at work! I emailed them to myself this morning, just have to trim them down and I'll post them today (while I'm at work) :mrgreen:

Stay tuned.. won't be long now...

11. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

awwwww... :( Didn't work ..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

13. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Grrrrrr! I just can't post anything except a LINK! AHHH!!!

Here's another...

[​IMG]

14. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Here's the first pic again... both Emma & Molly:

[​IMG]

15. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

16. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

This is my absolute fav of my newly cut Molly! I have to take the "yellow eye" out, but it's just perfect otherwise!

[​IMG]

17. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

On our way outside we stop by the popular shoe/sneaker section! Love to nibble on shoes..

[​IMG]

18. Kristine

Kristine New Member

Your pups' haircuts came out great!!! I just love Emma as I love black dogs. Its amazing how grown up they look with their haircuts.

I lucked out as my supposed shih poo (who knows what he is) doesnt need to be groomed--he has long hair but it doesnt grow. I would be a nervous wreck leaving him.

19. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

THEY LOOK GREAT!!!!!!! :eek:

The cut is very cute on them!!! It's interesting to see just how much Molly has faded in coloring! And Emma just reminds me so much of Mickey!

All I have to say is that they look absolutely stunning in their new cuts, and are still as cute as could ever be!!! :D

20. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Christine they are adorable as always! Boy they sure are growing! I too get very emotional when I have to drop my dogs off for anything or leave them in a storm(when I have to go to work, they hate storms), ect. And I have a daughter starting kindergarden this year I think I am going to have a heart attack. My hubby thinks its hilarious cause I am freaking out about this. At least I will have my 3 yo and my pups to keep me from going insane.