1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

update havent been on for awhile, good news and bad news...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Pacuguy, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

Its been awhile since ive been on auspet(work and familey) so i thought id give you guys an update on my fishes.

Well the sad news first, i lost one of my monster pacus, i came out one morning and he was on the floor all dried up and long passed away :(
    he jumped out in the night, im not sure how because he was almost 20" long.
    I weighed him before i burried him and he was just over 7LBS!!!! and was the smaller of the two!!!!! so his surviving roomate is prolly way over that.

On a happier note my flowerhorn that i got as a 2" fry , is now around 8"
    and living alone in his own 75gal sand tank. Now that he is big i have succesfully determined that he is Male, so i will be ordering a pretty little female for him soon, to attempt to get them breeding.

All my Oscars are well and growing like weeds, i still have 5 of them and was told by my wife im not allowed to adopt any more. although there is a pair of reds at the LFS that some one returned......
    :lol:

heres some pics of my Flowerhorn:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well thats whats new, i'll post more when i get em, and be around for while .
    thanx[/img]

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your pacu!

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

sorry to hear about your pacu welcome back

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Poor pacu, samething happened to my sword, but i dunno if he jumped or got swiped by a cat. that would be weird to wake up and see a 18" fish on the ground, And hey whats the minimum tank size for pacu, i was thinking of going 120 in a few years with a pacu, oscar, red devil and some other fish that i cant spell,

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

120 isn't even going to be close. A single pacu would need closer to 300 gallons, but they're social fish and do best in groups so to keep 3 you'd need about 1000 gallons.

I also wouldn't put a red devil and an oscar in a 120 simply because of how extremely aggressive red devils are.

-Chelle