1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Update On Puerto Rico Dogs

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lanena322, Apr 25, 2004.

1. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

hey, im sure no one remebers this post, as it was one of my first posts on the old board. Here is a refresher for those who know, and a summary for those who dont:

Here in Puerto Rico, I personally say there are more dogs than people. Its not rare at all to see 5 dogs in a 2 person home. But thats not the issue, I mean I'd love to have 5 or 6 dogs!

The problem is that most people have their dogs loose 24/7, and the few females in the neighborhood (about 5 or 6) get bred every heat by numerous dogs. At one point it was bugging the heck out of me because the dogs would go to our field and scare our horses and would stay there for a majority of the night, barking and howling.

Well I am pleased to inform that to this day there has been a slight drop in the number of loose dogs. Mostly females, since there hasnt been a commotion for quite a few months. I spread the word that animal control was due to show up and that any dog loose would be taken away and what not. I am also pleased to say that our next door neighbor got her dog spayed.

What I am not so pleased to inform is that I believe a small reason of why there arent as many dogs around is that they have been poisoned or dumped in a different place :(

2. Hi! Ianena, I remember that post. That was good of you to get the word out! :y_the_best: But it is also sad to think of those poor animals being poisoned :( I will never understand how some people can be that cuel :x

Keep up the good work!

Susan

3. nern

nern New Member

I think its great that your trying to help....and unfortunate and very sad if its true that dogs are being poisoned and dumped.

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Good for you for trying to help these dogs. It is such a shame that people resort to violence with animals though. Keep up the good work!

5. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

This is true, dogs here everyday are being dumped off by their so called owners for a numerous # of reasons. And I here about dogs getting poisoned everyday, and I have personally had a rescued border collie mix get poisoned, probably because he was very protective of us and the house

6. klf

klf New Member

DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE ANIMAL PLANET SHOW ADOPTION TALES ABOUT THE DOGS OF PR?? THERE IS A GROUP OF DRS THAT GO DOWN THERE AND SPAY AND NEUTER PUPS IN THE STREETS IN A OUTDOOR CLINIC. THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A FEW YEARS. WE CAN ALWAYS HOPE THESE PUPS WENT THROUGH THIS PROGRAM! I THINK THE DRS WERE FROM UP NORTH ALONG THE COAST. CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

HUG YOU NEIGHBOR FOR DOINGTHE RIGHT THING WITH HER DOG!! :eek:

7. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I have seen some shows before moving to pr about people coming from the u.s, taking alot of these dogs out of the streets and flying them to the us to find new homes. I thought it was wonderful and I was absolutely over joyed to see it was a very real thing. I saw this program in action last summer when i went to the airport to pick up my sister, there were some dogs and a cat or 2 that already been adopted by someone and were flying to new homes

I think the program is called 'save a sato'