1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Using a Sprayer for Bird Bath

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by drab911, Dec 10, 2004.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hello, today I went out and bought an all purpose sprayer... the mist can be adjusted.. and today I gave her the first misting.. she seemed to enjoy it even turned around so I could get her wings I think :) If anyone on here uses a mister could you please share some info... like how often do you do it? Does the time of the day matter and I do not have another cage so I do it in the same one but my house is very warm so it dries pretty quick... iss this alright>>
    Thanks

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I mist about once a week.

With Kiwi I mist him in his cage. He seems to be less agitated when he's in there being misted as opposed to being out like Buster is. I like to mist them in the afternoon about 1 when the house is nice and warm (my house gets a little cool at night so I want to make sure they're dry before bed.).

3. drab911

drab911 New Member

and how thouroughly do you mist them? Like how many consecutive minutes do you mist them for? should they be dripping wet???

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I never mist mine until they're completely wet, just until they look damp.

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi i agree once a week is usually enough and aslong as you do not get her to the point she is soaking wet then she will be fine.

When mine are going through a molt i usually spray them more often as this helps the old feathers come out and the shafts of the new ones to soften allowing the new feather to break through easier.
    I mostly give them a bath during the warmer weather that way they can bath when they feel like it..

Mike