1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Vacuuming the guppy tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by :o)rosie:o), Apr 22, 2005.

1. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

I've just realised that the next time I have to do a water change and a vacuum of the guppy tank, theres a big chance I might filter out the baby guppies as well. Has anyone had experience with this before? Are they likely to be sucked up or will they avoid the vacuum? Thanx again for any help.

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I would catch all the guppies in a net and carefully place them in a breeding net or box... the kind that floats at the top of the tank. This would keep the guppies in the water, safe away from the siphon. I also used the same technique with ghost shrimp who also tend to be taken away by the vacuum!