1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

volunteering at a horse ranch/rescue

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Oct 30, 2005.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

I've been wanting to get back into horseback riding and taking care of horses, i miss it so much. So I found this ranch pretty close by that also rescues horses as well as offering trail rides, lesson, and camp. So Im calling today to find out about it, im excited! Has anyone here ever volunteered at a horse ranch before?

I figured I would start out with volunteering since it has been a while since I have been around horses, this way I can brush up on my horsie skills, before I decide to get my own horse agian. :)

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I have volunteered at a riding arena for about 8 years. They do a program called Butte Special Riders. It's a riding program for children with handicaps. It's amazing to walk in and see 5 wheelchair ridden children get on a horse and grin bigger than believable. It truly touches the voluteers' hearts. Good luck with volunteering, and finding a horse of your own!

3. hunterjumperchick

hunterjumperchick New Member

I volunteer at a theraputic riding center in Florida. Its awesome there. We also get exchange for free lessons on Fridays. But yeah, you get to know the riders that you work with and watching them improve and especially when you take them to horse shows and when they win and the smiles on thier faces just make your day.