1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Waah! I feel like Cruela D'Eville.

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MicroMuttMom, Sep 11, 2004.

1. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

:(

Okay, I know this is something most of us have had to (or will have to) go through, but I'm just feeling so bummed after dropping off my little Stellita to be spayed. That trusting, happy little face looking up at me as we walked to the vet's office... arrgh. Just dropped her off about an hour ago and we may have her back tonight, but probably not till tomorrow morning. How pathetic - I miss her already. Sniff!

Would love to hear about your puppies and how quickly they recovered from the surgery.

2. Rene

Rene New Member

i'm going to be going thru the same thing on monday morning i'm dropping sebastain off to be neuterd :cry:

i"m sure your baby will be fine it's going to be a long day for you hope all goes well

3. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

awwwwwwwwww ... 'tis the season, huh?

Hope all is well with your baby! I'm sure you're extra busy now with passing out the TLC! KEEP US POSTED! :)

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

As heartbreaking as it is to drop her off for the surgery, the benefits that both you and Stella will gain as a result of the surgery is well worth it, I assure you!!! :y_the_best:

Sending lots of love to Stella! :D

Oh, to answer your question, females usually take a little longer than males to recover since the surgery is a little more invasive for them, but the recovery time is very short! Just try and limit her activity for a while afterwards, rest and low activity (AND lots of TLC :wink: ) helps the recovery go a little quicker and easier!

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Just remember no bloody female mess to be bothered with, heck we already have ourselves. (sorry to be so graphic) LoL. One day of sadness overcomes everything else. But we all know how sad you feel. It will be ok.

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Hi there, oh do I know how you feel!!!!!!!

First, I hope everything went well with Stella.... please check back when you can :D

My girls are recovering now, from being spayed 3 days ago. I know how you feel... I felt TERRIBLE dropping them off Wednesday morning.. I cried in the vet office and then went home to cry more! It's our nature to worry, even though we know that we are doing what's best for them.

So, here's a little timeline of how things went for Molly & Emma. Dropped them off Wednesday morning at 8:00am... got a call at 11:15am that they were done and all went well... was able to pick them up at 2:00pm that same day.

Once I got them home, they slept for the rest of the day.. didn't eat, but they did drink some water though later that night. Thursday morning they both ate/drank as usual. Emma was looking like herself.. she's a strong girl! Jumping etc., I couldn't believe it. Molly was a bit slower.. it was pretty uncomfortable for her to lie down so she avoided it as much as she could. Friday was pretty much the same... today however, Molly is acting much more like herself! She's running and playing with her toys so I know she's feeling so much better!

What Mybaby said is true, females will take a little more time to recover as their surgery is much more invasive.. but, the majority of what I hear is that they usually start acting themselves again just a few short days after... it's quite amazing!

It's a hard thing to do but it's best for them ~ Stella will be back to her old self very soon :D

Lots of hugs to you & Stella!! :love_y_t_much:

7. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

:eek:

Thanks for your support everyone! You guys are great. The Stellinator is home and doing fine. It's only the day after and she's already looking way perkier. I can see we're going to have our work cut out for us getting her to stay mellow and not do too much jumping around -- this is a challenge tantamount to getting a toddler to sit down and read Shakespeare!

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

LOL!!!

great comparison!