1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

WALT IS INJURED!!!!1

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, Nov 9, 2004.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

ok i would like to start by saying my water conditions are perfect.....and i just did my 30 gallon weekly water change yesturday.....

anyway i come home and my tiger oscar has two white marks right above his gills that seem to be scratches.....this has happened before......and it went away once i medicated

I am guessing he is chasing the other fish around and running into the rocks or something, but my concern is that this is something else......any ideas???

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Salt helps heal wounds right? thats why you cant have an oscar in a small tank, they love to swim!

3. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

you need one of those treatment leaflets that show you all the diseases and how to treat them. there at your LFS. try meds on him and see if it goes away, if you feel itsa wound try melafix its natural and is amazing when it comes to healing wounds. i used it and my guarami recovered, but i let him go back into his tank and the ram just ate him to pieces, and he died of stress. but i watched the melafix do wonders for healing.

4. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

ty very much....i guess he just keeps running into rocks chasing everyone else.....he should know they are too quick for his fat butt.......

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If it's just a simple scratch (which is what it sounds like) just make sure your water parameters are good and it should heal on it's own. You could also add some Melafix to speed up the healing process a little.

And it would be a good idea to remove any sharp decorations to help prevent it from happening again.

-Chelle

6. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

i dont have any "sharp decorations.....just big rocks and a bit piece of drift, and some plastic plants to add a bit of color.......

I have the rocks set up as a sort of cave for my pitus cat.....and i think walt was trying to chase him through the cave and smacked himself......at least this is the only logical conclusion i can come up with

7. tski22

tski22 New Member

how big is your tank out of curiosity? -tl

8. venom

venom New Member

i thought that he said it was 30g.... what other fish are in the tank?