1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wat do i do

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by plumb03, Jul 30, 2005.

1. plumb03

plumb03 New Member

i have a pair of parakeets that i think are both gurls and the both have pinkinsh ceres so im sure they are both gurls..... anyway i want to know if two females can have babies....... and i have and parakeet that is about five and the other is about a year and a half....anyway i want to know is it too late to tame my 5 year old and also can i get anyone opion on how she might react to clipping her and her budgie buddies wings... HELP..........................ME..................

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

2 females in a cage together can not produce fertile eggs they need a male for that to happen.

Having 2 females in the same cage they will still lay eggs without a male but these eggs will never hatch due to not being fertilised by the male.

Wing clipping should be carried out by someone that has clipped wings before as things can go wrong if clipped wrong. When birds first have there wings clipped they do have the odd accident till they get used to having feathers shortened.

As for your 5year old it is never to old to hand tame a bird the older they are the harder it is but not impossible.
    Just keep trying to handle him and eventually you will find that you can just call to him and will come straight to you.

Mike