1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Water bubbles in fish tank, Help?!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by iluvmykittys, Jul 15, 2004.

1. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

I am settign up a new fish tank, and its only been about 15 hours, but I have millions of little bubbles ALL over the tank! Will this go away? (We didn't get any fish yet b/c the tank is just being set up, and we have to wait a few days before we can do that & we will test teh water). Why did this happen? What can I do? Is it safe, for fish in a few days?? Help!
    Thanks!! :)

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

this could just be a little trapped water under the gravel. leave it for about a week before fish.

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

All my tanks have tons of bubbles after filling them up with water for the first time and after 100% water changes. Give it a day or so and run your filter. You'll be just fine.

4. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

Tina,
    After setting up the stones etc, I filled it with the well water...and put the filter on immediatly. Was that a bad move, or is it ok to do??

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Sounds just fine. That's how I do it when setting up a tank :D

6. OneWolvesDream

yeah that should be fine.

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

the bubblex should be fine

8. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

I don't think the bubbles are harmful though.. even though i didn't encountered it.

9. OneWolvesDream

i doubt it would be harmful. i put a coral type rock into my medical tank and it gave off air for a good hour.