1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Water Results

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Alen, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Alen

Alen New Member

Hi
    I'm almost done with cycling my new 45gal freshwater tank and this is how it looks right now

Nitrites: .8
    Nitrates: 12.5
    pH: 8
    Amonia: 0

Those are the results I got whenI had the guy a my lfs test my water. I think those are the rite numbers, his writing is a little sloppy. Anyway my question is how my longer will it take for the cycle to be complete? Its been 5 week already!!! Another thing is the tank is a little cloudy and I was woundering if I could do a small water change to clear it up? Would this screw up the cycling process? THANX

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Probably another week or two. NitrItes tend to be pretty slow to decrease.

-Chelle

3. Alen

Alen New Member

Can I do a water change now though to clear it up or should I just wait?

4. Alen

Alen New Member

Can I do a water change now though to clear it up or should I just wait?

5. Alen

Alen New Member

oops!!! sorry about the double post

6. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

A water change may slow the cycle. I am not sure what type of cycle your doing though, if your doing fishless I would wait if you have fish already then I would go ahead and do the water change.