1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

We're losing Scout. :(

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by t_chelle16, Jan 3, 2006.

1. shnen

shnen New Member

what a beautiful girl - I hope she pulls through, and kudos to you for being such a wonderful mom to her, I am positie that has helped her stay stable.

saying a prayer for her...

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Just took her temp and it was 101 (right in the normal range). Of course she's still on temp lowering meds, but it's been almost 10 hours since she had the pill so at least things are looking up.

-Chelle

3. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Poor little baby :( . Hugs to you all!

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It's all over. :(

She started having really bad seizures last night so we had her put down.

At least she got to experience a good life while she was with us. I'm sure it was better than what she had before and probably better than what she would have had if we hadn't adopted her.

It's too cold for us to burry her (we're getting freezing rain right now) so we let them keep her and we'll plant something really nice by Chester's rose and Lizzy's silver mound in the spring.

Now we're going to keep a really close eye on Ten and make sure she doesn't get sick (she's still perfectly fine, though). In a few months we'll test her again because sometimes they can fight the leukemia virus off. And in a couple weeks, Romeo & Emily have an appointment to get their 2nd shots and we'll have them tested again just to be sure they're really negative.

-Chelle

5. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm really sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with Tennessee and Romeo and Emily right now - wishing them all good health.

6. vene

vene New Member

*HUGS* Thinking of you and your family. :cry:

7. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks everyone.

-Chelle

9. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I'm so sorry. :cry:

She had a good home for her short life.

I hope the other cats remain ok.

10. shnen

shnen New Member

I am so sorry... try to focus on the good things and every wonderful thing you did for her.

*hugs*

11. Bente

Bente New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:

12. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks. We're going to go ahead and have Ten re-tested in a few weeks and see if she's beat it and is negative (it is possible).

If she tests negative, we'll have her tested one more time after a few weeks (to double check). If she's still negative, we'll probably look into adopting another kitten/cat (the house seems really empty with just 3 cats). If/when we do, it's getting tested & vaccinated ASAP.

If Ten still tests positive, we might check with rescue organizations and try to find another FeLV+ cat that is otherwise healthy (I know some people will get rid of their cats just because they test positive, whether they're really sick or not). We figure that Emily & Romeo have been exposed for 3 months and are negative and are vaccinated, so they're pretty safe and Ten already has it so introducing another positive cat shouldn't be a problem. We just don't want to introduce another negative cat if Ten is positive.

-Chelle

13. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

:( Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:

14. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this :( . {{{Hugs}}}