1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Wet Babies....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. So they never called.....

Granvel called back the lady he spoke to earlier, she gave him a totally diffrent story!!! This time she said, Oh well I really gave him to a co-worker of mine. His name was Tom and she didn't know his last name. He works for Haliburton.....Said he's about 55 and loves the dog. Well, then why hasn't he been looking for it!!!!

Grrrrrr.... I told granvel with the diffrent stories and her not even knowing the dogs name, that I think she dumped him. I used a whole disposable (27 exp) camera on him last night! I got some good shots of him laying with Granvel on the couch, and him chewing a bully stick.... And then sitting on mommies lap, and laying in bed on daddy's pillow, and him with one paw on daddy's chest and one back leg on his hip and his head resting on daddy's shoulder.... It was sooo precious!!! I'm dropping the camera off at lunch to get developed.

Yesterday he was a complete Gentleman!! Granvel said he layed under the welding truck all day, He got out and ate a couple of doggie bones I sent with them, and to go potty, then quietly watched daddy out from under the truck working! They pulled up last night and Red was sitting in the front seat like the perfect co-pilot!

I told granvel, If he belongs to some guy named Tom, that I wanted to offer to keep him, or buy him. I can't live with out him now.
    Red, as we named him, woke me up this morning to a big wet kiss in the ear!!! He looked at me like "HI mom!!!! Lets play!" Of course it was 5am...

He's just perfect. You couldn't ask for anything more. He eats wehn we eat, and doesn't beg for food, He will coem to you to play when you want him to and when you say enough, he quits and goes to lay down. He is perfectly housebroken, won't get on the furniture unless you ask him too. Goes to the door and whines to go potty, When we take a shower, he comes in and sits down to take one too, he doesn't jump around or act crazy. He's very laid back.

Only chews on the rawhide and bullystick I got him.
    I tested him lastnight to see what he would do, I put my plate on the floor by the couch where I was watcing TV and left for a second, He didn't even look at it!!!
    When we go to bed, he quietly follows and lays down on his bed I got him. (Actually I made it.) And we usually call him up on our bed, he lays right down and goes to sleep. Sometime in the night he gets down and goes on his bed to sleep. Then when the alarm goes off, he wakes you up with a wonderful doggie kiss. Goes potty and quietly sits in the kitchen for his breakfast!

He's sooo diffrent from Smokey and Char. Those two could drive you nuts!!!! The only problem is Smokey wants to jump him. He won't fight back. He just lays there. I think Smokey thinks he's trying to take char. He's very dog agressive when around Char, but if its a female, all is cool. Red's not neutered and from what the lady told us, he's got a full pedigree!

2. oso

oso New Member

WOW! HE SEEMS LIKE A GREAT DOG. SO WELL BEHAVED.WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF ALL PETS WERE SO WELL MANNERD.RED COULD TEACH MY HUMAN KIDS A FEW THINGS :lol:
    YOU'VE REALLY GONE OUTTA YOUR WAYTO GET RED BACK TO HIS OWNER. I WOULD STOP RIGHT HERE. IF THEY REALLY WANTED HIM BACK THEY NOW KNOW HOW TO GET A HOLD OF YOU.

3. Samsintentions

yeah, tell me about it. I've called the sherrifs Dept here and all the vets offices, I've put up signs... Found Dog. Please call.

If they really wanted him, they would have found us by now. We found him Sunday afternoon around 3-4pm. Its Tusday now...

4. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Did this woman give you any information at all to go on about this mystery man she supposedly gave the dog to? Like is she going to try to contact him or anything? How far away from you is this place he supposedly works at, and how far away does he live? Have you had the dog scanned for a microchip?
    I'm thinking he really should get to stay with you... I hope he does. I know after three days of having Rusty, we were still looking for his owner, but in reality praying we didn't find them, since we had fallen in love with him, and didn't think whoever had him really deseved to get him back, considering how we found him, and the fact that they didn't really seem to be putting much effort out to find him. So after a week and a half and no contact, and having him scanned for a chip and not finding one, I decided it was final.... he was OURS!! Because we loved him and cared for him too much by then!

5. Samsintentions

She was really wishy washy about it. and Granvel was quite blunt last night. He flat out asked her where the guy lives. She gave us a street name but wouldn't tell us if it was in Baytown or here. Then she said the dogs name was Dog. When we called the Vets office they had him listed as a walk in, and the info they had on him. was his name was Redman Sooooo We just call him Red.

We've scanned him,no chip. The vet used three diffrent scanner freqencies. But who ever had him took good care of him. His toenails are trimmed, his teeth are perfect not one bit of plaque, and no fleas....

I don't know. If we can't find the owner by this weekend, he's ours and thats final.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

looks like you have a new dog! Strange if it is so well taken care of, the woman is beng wishy washy. So do you have to worry about Red being around Char while she is in heat? can she still get preg even though she is from another dog?

And yo have to get pics. how are the wet babies doing

honyebear

7. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

How weird! This lady sounds like she's making things up as she goes! And his name is "Dog"!?!?!? That just rings of someone who cares! But it is interesting how he also has been well cared for. That's how it was when we found Rusty... other than the fact that he was dirty, hungry and tired from being out on the highway for quite a while, he seemed well taken care of. But at the same time, he was afraid.... especially of men. So the conclusion we came to is that probably he belonged to a woman who probably took care of him, but she had a boyfriend or husband who didn't like him and was mean to him, and probably had a hand in dumping him on the highway. And he was probably mean and abusive to her too, and wouldn't let her try to find her dog. But, who knows... that's just the senario we came up with as possibly being what happen.
    Anyway, I think Red has found where he needs to stay!
    WHy don't you e-mil me a pic and I'll post it for you? I'm anxious to see him!

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I didn't get an e-mail with pictures!! Are you sure you used the right addy, Sams? jamia_w@hotmail.com - cut and paste it. :)

BTW, I will be sneaking to your house to steal that dog, so don't worry when he goes missing. ;)

Jamiya

9. Samsintentions

Jamiya, I would Freek out if he went missing!!!! I mean litterally! He followed Granvel into the bathroom, and I didn't know.... I turned around and he was gone, I freeked, Ran outside thinking Granvel let him out, andyelled and called and then I heard the yip from the bathroom..... Whew!

Wet babies are doing fine. B.J. called lastnight. Munkey as she's named the biggest (he whines and it shounds like a monkey) had a temp, so she gave him some of the anitbiotic drops the vet gave (amoxicilin) and a little of childrens Tylenol, and he was fine about 30 minutes later. Eating and grunting. The other two are ok. The smaller one is still sniffly, but no temp, and their all eating and sleeping. Getting Fat.
    Momma dog is still shy, she wears a collar and lead at all times. She's hard to approach, but once you've got her, she's a doll. Its eveident she's been beaten. So someone was really mean to her. If you raise your hand to touch her head, B.J. said she cowers and yelps and pee's everwhere.

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Poor baby!!

Jamiya

11. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Isn't that sad??? I had a dog one time that was like that. I resued her from the shelter. She was one big mat of tangled hair, skinny, had worms... the whole nine yards. And, pretty much terrified. She was a real mess when I brought her home, my family thought I was nuts. But I saw such potential in her eyes. It took a lot of work and time, but she ended up being the most gorgeous, loving dog in the world. And she would've done anything for me, she was the most devoted dog I've ever had. She was awesome, a cocker/schnauzer mix. I'll have to post a picture of her sometime when I'm on my home computer. I had 7 great years with her, and I still miss her!

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Here's a photo of Red! I have to say......WOW!! What a gorgeous boy!

[​IMG]

Jamiya

13. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

WOW! He really is a beauty! I don't blame you for not wanting to give him up, Sam!

14. Samsintentions

I told you. The other side of his face mirrors this side. He has a red spot on his shoulder as well....I've got some ofhim that are really good. I posted this one on missingand found pets site and on webshots thinking someone would find him. (If they ahve any sence at all!!!!Apparently not since noone has called in.....

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

*going to webshots to get your number and call to claim Red*

Jamiya

16. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Oooooh! Good one, Jamiya! Pretty sneaky! :---) :0017:

17. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Absolutely beautiful!!! I want him too. :)

By the way, how is Smokey and Char doing???

18. Samsintentions

Their great! Char is out of heat, WHew!!! Thought taht boy was gonna have a heart attack or something.... horny little buggars!!

Smokey isn't too thrilled with Red, I think he thinks he's going to steal Char. Char could care less. I'm planning on taking them to a neutral area and introducing them. I'm hoping that works....

19. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

If you neuter Red, will that help do you think? Would you ever consider breeding him, since you don't know his background?

Jamiya

20. honeybears

honeybears New Member

wow, what a beauty

honeybear