1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What Are They Doing

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by RoWdY, Oct 20, 2004.

1. RoWdY

RoWdY New Member

My kitten Tiger and my dog Missy do the weirdest thing. They play non-stop for hours (not the weird part) and they love each other to death but sometimes the kitten will basically bite into the dogs fur with all his might and just hang on. Sometimes he bites her on her neck, or back or even her mouth. The dog just lies there and lets him do it. It looks like some crazy kind of lovemaking ritual. (seriously, it's strange) It goes on for a good 2 minutes, the dog lying there as still as can be, the kitten hanging on. The dog is twice as big as the cat too, I might add. Is it a dominance thing? I wonder if it hurts the dog? Then after that's over... the dog will start 'humping' the cat. Tiger doesn't like that and he gets mad so then he starts the whole biting thing all over again.

I reiterate...

WHAT are they DOING? :-s

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lols...just being animals i think!!!

kitties do that biting thing...max and mikey do it all the time. max does it more than mikey, though.

dont know about the other issue... :oops:

3. vene

vene New Member

8-[ :0016: :0017: :m39: :m10: :kiss_puppy: You've got to get a pic of the biting part, not the "humping" though. :shock:

4. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

lmao yeah sounds like a dominance thing :)

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

ive included pics of max biting mikey.... :shock:

in this picture, it looks like he doing the "other" thing you were talking about :roll: , but hes not...he is actually biting mikeys ear...then licking it...

[​IMG]

the ear thing again...

[​IMG]

here is the biting thing....lols...mikey is just immobilized.... :shock:

[​IMG]

6. vene

vene New Member

Wow, Max really is dominant. :shock: It's a good thing Mikey is so gentle mannered, good kitty! :m10:

7. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

my GOSH max has such surreally beautiful markings..... very beautiful.

lol and cute pictures!

8. nern

nern New Member

LOL lynn...funny pictures. I've seen Tiddy do this to Hoggle and Rhiannon before.

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Sadie and my Bridge kitty Sessy grew up together and when they were young Sessy would wrap her paws around Sadie's neck (thick coat) and then Sadie would turn in circles. SEssy's back side would be out straight it was hiliarious. I've got picks somewhere but they aren't scanned

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

....find those pictures mary!!!!!.... :eek:

im saving two that i havent posted...along the same lines as the ones above...but funnier....

i have a roll of film almost finished though...might have some good ones in that!!!

(actually...max is probably the most dominant of the two...but they are pretty equal...its funny though...even though they are constantly tumbling around...they are very respectful of each others space for the most part. mikey has taught max how to lick and groom...he does put up with alot from max :roll: )

11. Starry

Starry New Member

:eek: Lynn, your M&M's so seem like my Pudcat and Fudgie. Pudcat is the dominant one in our household - as you saw from the pic I posted a while back. Last night, Pudcat leapt onto Fudgie from behind so that poor Fudgie's legs went from under him and he ended up flat on his tummy. Then Pudcat tries to bite him and ends up licking him. Having said that though they are pretty equal because Fudgie hides behind the door and waits for Pudcat then leaps on him making Pudcat jump a foot into the air - doubles me up laughing eveytime!! :mrgreen:

12. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

starry...youre right and i thought about that alot from the moment i saw that picture. i loved that pic, btw....

its funny isnt it? i can watch them for hours...runnin, jumping, chasing, rolling, biting, licking, biting, licking, pinning, licking, running, panting, napping.... :wink: :roll: :m27:

13. RoWdY

RoWdY New Member

Sorry to bring this up from the second page but I wanted to reply. I got really sick last month out of the blue and didn't get back here as soon as I had hoped.

lynnhaz, the pics! AWEEEEEEEEEE So cute!!!!!!! That's pretty much what Tiger and Missy do too, cept Missy's a dog and all. You know what? Mikey looks EXACTLY like Rowdy did!!!!!!!! Exactly, face and all!

Lately, Missy has gotten VERY territorial with what she considers HER things. If Tiger tries to go near any of her bones or toys, the dog will freak completely out and get very hostile. It scares me a little. I hope that she would never hurt Tiger. She loves him 99% of the time.

I've had Tiger a month now and everyday I'm loving him more and more. He's getting more snuggly, which I LOVE. It took my husband reminding me that at first Rowdy was having no part of snuggling either to make me feel a little better about Tiger not wanting to be held much. Everyday at 7:00 (my waking time since I work at night) Tiger will crawl into bed with me and snuggle up next to my face and purr. I know it's probably because he wants to be fed but I can live with that.