1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What can i put in!?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Mice, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Mice

Mice New Member

As you all know i want to get new fish. But noone has really answered me fully. I have two silver dollars in a 30g tank and i've had them since December 27 and i was wondering if i could get some cardinal tetras or something else inside the tank instead of just two silver dollars. The guy at the lfs said that it was alright to put like 4 or so of them in the tank, i thought i'd ask some of the admin's on Auspet first. :D . If u dont think they will be good in the tank, what can i put in anything else? Suggestons please.

Thanks A lot

-Mice

2. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

It's ONLY my opinion, but to me-- your tank is fully stocked as is. Most employee's at lfs will tell you whatever you want to hear, specially somewhere commercial like Petcetera, PetSmart, Pet Co... etc. (We learned that the hard way.)

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

mabye neon tetra's ?

4. Mice

Mice New Member

why are we saying maybe are my silver dollars going to get really big? and another question. how many neon tetras can i get? and one last Q what about lemon tetras?

-mice

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

they should get to at least 4- 5 inches the only reason why i said neon tetra are because they are so small and a nd i am hoping that you will be doing weekly water changes
    3-5 if you keep up with the tank maintnice

6. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Ive seen silver dollars get much bigger than 5 inches. Not only do they get long they get really tall.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

There are a few different species of silver dollars, but even the small ones get around 6". The bigger species can get 8" - 9"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Chelle