1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What can I put with

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by SpitItOut, Apr 28, 2005.

1. SpitItOut

SpitItOut New Member

What can Iput with my tiger barb? in a 10g

2. Used

Used New Member

Tiger Barbs need to be in groups of 6 or more and need a 30 gallon tank minimum. You should take that fish back to where you got it.

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Cant put much in a 10 gal at all. Mainly a school of tetras or other small fish. I recommend a goldfish. U can grow it pretty big in a 10 gal and it is cold water, and u can put more then 1 and alot of variety!

4. Used

Used New Member

Absolutly no Goldfish in a 10 gallon. A 20 gallon tank just for one Goldfish.

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i agree with used, but in all reality even a 30 would be pushing it. goldfish can get on average depending on the type 12"+ so they need a bigger tank. the fancier kinds that oinly get 8" can go in a 25-30 i belive.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Basically, your choices for a 10 gallon are:

betta
    dwarf gourami
    neon, black, or glowlight tetras
    cory cats
    oto cats
    african dwarf frogs
    small shrimp
    african dwarf frogs
    dwarf cichilds (20 gal. would be better)
    shell dwellers (20 gal. would be better)
    apple snails
    kuli loach
    guppies
    mollies (20 would be better)
    platies (20 wold be better)
    swordtails (20 would be better)
    zebra danios
    african clawed frog (only a single one and even then a 20 would be better)

That's all the possibilities I can think of (not all of those fish are compatible, btw).

-Chelle