1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what does everyone do for a job?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Aug 28, 2004.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

I'm a student majoring in animal science. I want to be a vet tech for large animals and will hopefully start training soon to become a dog trainer.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I'm an Admin. Ass. for a real estate office - I've been doing this for nearly 5 years and am shopping around hoping to find a job which offers health insurance. And that's hard to find up here.

My husband is a self-employed mason http://www.prpmasonry.com

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Mary: Your Husband does beautiful work!!!

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm an instructional designer/script-writer/web-mistress for an e-learning company. I love my job - but I'm either extremely busy or extremely bored. Very little in between.

I am also a part-time ballroom dance instructor, and heavily involved in community theatre.

5. someday

someday New Member

I'm a student majoring in equestrian science. I also work at New Spring Farm, a Trakehner breeding farm. Our boy Windfall 2 is coming home with a bronze in eventing. :eek:

6. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Well I am 14 and can't land a job yet so I just sell whatever I can find around the house on Ebay. :lol: :oops: Well it's not all that bad because I sold 2 video game systems and some other old toys and got $600. :eek: not bad for me I think. I want to get into designing websites and owning my own fish store.

7. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Fishkin: A few years ago I use to go to thrift stores, second hand stores, and yard sales, buy stuff really cheap and put it on ebay. Mostly clothes. I didn't even know how to use a computer until I started doing it. :lol: I was taking 10 to 15 packages to the Post Office each day. Then I started looking for Hot Wheel redline cars and putting them on. Cha-Ching!!!

After awhile I had to quite. It was too time consuming with looking for stuff, taking pictures, listing, and mailing. You can make quite a bit of money at it if you have the time.

8. asdmom

asdmom New Member

i am a veterinary technician. i also own my own petsitting business called " no place like home." i have been so extremely busy this summer it completely flew by and i haven't even once made it to the pool or the beach. :cry:

9. Jules

Jules New Member

I am an illustrator...
    You can see some of my work here: http://www.thestylefile.com/cgi-bin/illustrators/details.pl/Show?_id=jknoblock&display=4213
    You can also see another one of my pics at http://www.julieknoblock.com this site is not finished yet so it's only one pic.
    I'm not trying to sell anything either,.. btw!
    I love what I do and I work from home and I can stay in my pj's till whatever time I like! I also work 10 hrs a week in a kitchen in a bingo centre, but am wanting to give it the flick because, as others have said in this thread- I work with women and most of them do nothing but bitch and whine all day, and it's very draining, and I come home feeling stressed and worried about what they're going to say about ME when I'm not there! I also don't like dealing with customers because it gives you a very pessimistic outlook on the human race- because they are so mean, rude and greedy!!!

10. lil96

lil96 New Member

yea ebay thing is big at my house. Because right now I am pretty much not working. My fiancee is finishing up on his phd in astroparticle physics, which I can tell you about if you want because it is cool, he has an underground lair, actually 2. By January, hopefully he will be finished so that we can move back to VA bc he could have a post doc position.
    Before I moved here, I worked for a company as a "line walker" or coating line operator I thik was my official title. I worked for Wolverine Eagle Picher. It is a hard job to explain. Raw steel came in on 2000' coils went through a couple of processes, heating cooling, chemical stuff. And in the end, it would come out as rubber coated steel and sometimes with glue too. It was my job to make sure that everything ran smoothly, it is super hard to explain, but if you want I'll tell you more. If this steel stayed within our company we would cut it up into rubber gaskets for cars. There are so many gaskets you would nevver believe.
    http://www.epcorp.com/EaglePicherInternet/
    http://www.eaglepicher.com/EaglePicherInternet/Automotive/Wolverine_Division/Products_Services/
    But now I stay at home, dn't like to clean so my house is usally a mess, but I do the cooking and laundry. I have been thinking about opening up apetsitting thing. Oh and I also do tour guides of Munich, that is at http://www.amatuerguides.com
    if you are bored you can always check out my website i think it is on my www button

11. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Jules
    Your work is awesome! Everyone has such interesting lives except for me mine is so boring! Sometimes I want to go back to working in an office but then as you guys mentioned working in an office with many other women is HELL! When I lived and worked in Wyoming I ended up hating my job and most all of the women I worked with. Just because of the catty nonsense that went on everyday.

12. horse_child

horse_child New Member

mine isn't really a legal job, but where i live nobody cares. I work 4 days a week at a horse barn. i work lessons, and am basically in charge of about 13 horses for the summer. they're all wonderful i feed, groom, saddle, work lessons (most of the 13 are lesson horses) then unsaddle, groom, and turnout.
    There is Sundance, charisma, whiskey, christopher robin, special, chipmunk, dolly, bubbles, breezy, drifter (my horse), coco, domino, and sissy. coco, domino, and sissy, i just feed, groom and turn out. drifter is my horse, so i do everything for him, and breezy scared all her past riders so bad they wouldn't get back on her, so i get to work with her. she's great!

i also muck, feed, groom, bathe all kinds of other horses. i'm also trying to make money washing saddles and stuff to make a little extra money on the side. let's just say it makes me appreciate school a little more. :lol:

13. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Hey guys!! Great topic. Right now I work part time for a place called Street Teams. We work with youth that are "at risk" and young girls who have turned to the sex trade to pay for their drug addiction. Not the most glamorous job, but very interesting.
    I start school on the 1st, and am very nervous.

Take Care all!!

14. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Bullylove
    It may not be a glamorous job but it's very important! Be proud of yourself your helping make a difference. Good Luck with school and again it's nice to see you here. How's Harley?

15. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

Honeybear, my job sounds a lot like yours-- I'm an office Manager for a financial services/insurance office. I also work with all men, and it's great!!! I have been there a couple years now, and one of the best perks of the job is lack of catty gossip that goes on because there are no females :)

I'm also working on my master's degree in public and nonprofit administration, but I'm taking my time on it, only 1 or 2 classes per semester, because I work full time. I took this summer off from classes, but that all changes tommorrow, when they start up again :cry:

16. rudysjoy

rudysjoy New Member

I am lucky!!! I can take my Rudy in to work with me every day. I am the president and owner of a company that gives license road tests for the State of Michigan and we are a driver training school for cars and trucks. We also work for attorneys when they have accident cases involving trucks; and, we administrate a drug testing program for truck drivers. We do more than that too, but I won't go into all of it now. It's a lot of work and we have mostly men doing the training but almost all women working in the office (all of us are friends..... no catty stuff!!!!!) We are like a big family.

By the way, I read the message from pamr61.... It really struck me strange when I read your message. My cousin Chuck owns the company you work for ... in Zeeland, MI. Just saw him this weekend too...... if you see him - tell him "hi".

17. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Haven't been here for a while. Well, I am self-employed, working from home. I am a jewelry wholesaler, all my existing lines were imported from foreign countries. But, I am going to start making my own starting October. Hope to launch my own brand someday, hehe...

18. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

As many of you may already know, I am the Park Planner for Harris County, Texas. My degree is an advanced degree in Landscape Architecture from LSU with a specialization in recreation planning.
    I do spend a great deal of time in the field either assessing the recreation potential of a new site or inspecting the construction of a new park. On occassion the boys do get to accompany me when I go out to look at a new site. Duke is great at finding wetlands and testing the suitability of a mud hole for wallowing.

19. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

man oh man.... I want DukesDads Job!!!! I would love to just drive around and check out property and let Smokey romp around!!!

Horse-Child. That is a legal job! I have a young lady working for me doing the same thing your doing. Only she volunteers. I did it for about (edit) 9 ( not 19!!! Whoopsy) years at Weaver Quarter Horses. ONly I trained, head of the breeding and sales.
    Ohh.... to be out of the office and in the fields again.....mmmmmmm

School starts up for me again Wednesday!!! I've got two classes (ones actually a blow off class) I've got US Hist, and Bowling. It was that or tennis, and I'm just not a tennis player!!! Besides I had to take an athletic sport and what better sport than Bowling! The whole family can get involved and thats just what my family needs. QUality time together.

So all you History Gooroos out there!!! I'm gonna need help. I HATE history!!!!!

20. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Wow everyone has such great, exciting and important job no matter what you all think! I am a dispatcher at a Sheriff's Office. I dispatch, police, fire and rescue for out county, answer all 911 calls, and dispatch the appropriate people. I love my job. It can be very stressfull at times but it is so worth it. They say the average dispatcher burns out in two years or less and I am coming up on my two year mark and hope to make it through. So far so good, I work with mostly men but have a few other female dispatchers and there is only one I will work with since the others are well cant say that here but they are a pain. I actually am a senior dispatcher this past January a new sheriff was elected and I was one of two dispatchers he decided to keep. Which is pretty nice for the time I have been here. Anyway this is a pretty cool thread thanks for starting it honeybears!