1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What dogs do when you're not home...

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by cosmicpixie, Jul 13, 2004.

1. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

I've always wondered what Maya does when we're not at home. She's a very sly puppy and I can only imagine what kind of trouble she gets into. Well the other day we were in the bedroom taking a nap and Maya was running free in the apartment. I heard a strange sound coming from the living room and I decied to sneak in and see what she was up to. When I came around the corner what do I see... Maya standing on the middle of our coffee table playing with stuff we put there thinking it would be out of her reach. And our coffee table is glass. (Unfortunately I didn't have my camera to catch her up there) She was put in time out for that one. Then two days later my husband came home and could hear her playing in the bedroom and he snuck in to see what she was up to. And wouldn't you know she had my bra in her mouth flopping it around from side to side like one of her chew toys. She had managed to chew the clasp off. Only then did we realize she was out of her chewies... Again no photos of killing my bra. But now we really wonder what she's up to when we're not there to supervise. Any funny stories of "while you were out"....

Later Gator,
    Tracie,Matt,Maya and the ferrets

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Well luckly for the following story I was just outside the house and was able to come back in. When we first got out pom Belle we would leave her in our bedroom with a baby gate up. Well she apparantly did not like this. I heard this loud crash and some yelping. Well I couldent get my key in the door fast enough. I thought my husky was eating her or something. So I fling the door open and the baby gate is laying down behind the door. So I am rushing around the house trying to find Belle, Jasmine meanwhile is just looking at me like I am crazy. Well after a few minutes of panic I was just standing in the living room about to cry, couldent find her anywhere and I hear a small yelp, well she was under the baby gate (a mesh one with plastic handles). She was so tiny I didnt even see her. She took the gate down herself! The whole time I was pissed at the husky and she had nothing to do with it. Now at that time this was not funny but I can look back at it and its pretty funny.

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

No, unfortunately for me (mommy), all the incidents happened when I, and company, were home! It's actually happened twice now, you'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time, but no.

So here's the story:

I had some company over, and we were all joking around and talking while sitting in the living room. Mickey & Tigger left and went into the kitchen for a few minutes. I thought they had gone in there to drink their water, or maybe eat. (I need to add a little something here: You should know that Mickey & Tigger LOVE to "show things off" - meaning they love to have something in their mouth, whether it be a toy, ball, stuffed animal, sock, whatever, and they prance around the house purposely pacing back-and-forth in front of you making sure you see them and let them know how proud you are of their item.) Well, Mickey and Tigger came proudly prancing into the room where we were seated carrying one of my bras - Mickey had one end, Tigger had the other. They promptly went up to EACH of the guests to show off their prize!!! You can imagine the look on my face! :oops: and :shock: I didn't find it to be very entertaining at the time (my company sure did though), but now that I look back, I sure do get a good laugh out of it.

NOW, anytime I have guests over I make sure all the laundry is OFF the laundry room floor and up somewhere where the two little beasts can't get it!!! :x

As far as times when I have caught the boys doing something, each time I have caught them doing something they were simply shredding up some sort of paper item. ](*,) I always know they are up to no good when they are out of my sight and quiet...those two signs alone mean trouble with these two! :lol:

Well, there's my story for the day! :D

4. Jody

Jody New Member

I would really like to set up a video camera inside so we can see the backyard to see what Jasper gets up to during the day. It would be quite funning to see what's going on out there. Although Miah used to get my undies and chew on them, quite embarrasing.

On one occasion, I had rang a g/f and her b/f to meet me at my place for some drinks after work. As I was pulling in the driveway, my guest's had also pulled up at the same time, so we chat for a little out front then proceeded into the house. I have about 20 pairs of undies on the floor that Miah had chewed :0025: in the lounge room both from the dirty clothes basket and my undies draw. It was quite embarrasing to pick up a heap of undies off the floor and then entertain your guests.

5. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

OMG, these stories are TOO funny!!!!

Well, fortunately they haven't done anything while we've had company yet!!!

They do, however, have a tendancy to grab my underwear and bras out of the laundry basket and take them under our bed and play with them! :lol: I peaked under there the other day and wouldn't you know there was a night assortment of items... my underwear, a bra, one of my socks and one of hubby's socks!

I must say, Molly & Emma also love to play tug of war with our socks and run around the house with them in their mouths!

They are crazy I tell ya! :mrgreen:

6. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Jody~

LOVED the story, that is just too funny (and I can imagine, quite embarrassing at the time)!!! :lol:

PooGirl~

Must be a shih-poo thing...Mickey & Tigger just love to pull clothing items out of laundry baskets and carry them around showing it off! :wink:

The same is true for Mickey & Tigger...out of all the tug toys they have, they choose socks!!! :roll:

I tell ya', the cute little things they do always brings a smile to my face! :D

7. nern

nern New Member

Mine are boring....I don't think they do much but lay around when I'm not home which is probably a good thing. :wink:

8. Jody

Jody New Member

I've also come home one time after work and found Jasper and Miah chewing my tampon's and pads, Jasper had two stuck to her because she must of rolled in them, Miah was half way through chewing one when I walked through the door, THANK GOODNESS I didn't have guest's that day, because I think that would have been more embarrasing then the Undies episode!

9. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Ha ha! I'm so glad that Maya hasn't done that in front of guest. Luckily I keep all my feminine hygiene products up on a high shelf. She pulled an envelope off the table and had it ripped up all over the living room. Crazy puppies!!!

In other good news, we submitted Maya's picture to Vegas dog, local newspaper specifically for dog owners. And they are putting Maya's pic in the fall issues that will be out in September with some other pictures of other dogs.

Later Gators!

10. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Jody~

LMAO at your second story...too funny!!! :mrgreen:

cosmicpixie~

Wooohooo...congrats to Maya for her accoplishment! :-k When the issue comes out you'll have to scan one the pages that pictures Maya so we can see it!!! :y_the_best:

:D

11. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

I have a funny story, my little Rosco he has this little cat tongue and he loves feet for some reason :roll: anyhow my g/f came over and had her flip flops on my floor and he pulled them one at a time into the bedroom and had them right next to each other and he was standing in front of them when she was ready to leave we found them it was so cute :wink:

I sometimes wonder what my boys are doing too, Max gets these amazing spirts of energy and runs, runs like crazy and Rosco prances after him barking his little head off but they crack me up. Rosco will run around our coffee table and Max will chase him it is so funny, Rosco is very small so he will go under the table and Max can't get him, it is glass w/the bars on the bottom kinda it is funny. :wink:

As for the bras same here my boys play tug of war w/mine, I now learned to put them in the sink when I take a shower, but sometimes one strap will hang and Max will get it and they will fight for it, a few of my bras the straps have little tears in them from them tugging on them :x I don't know what it is about them :?:

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Mybabyshih/poogirl... it must DEFINITELY be a shihpoo thing to pull stuff out of the laundry (probably a puppy/dog thing in general!)... cuz Bailey is known for doing the same thing. He'll sneak into the large closet where the laundry basket is..... (he's sly and quiet, that's for sure)! He knows dam@ well he's not suppose to be in there either!

13. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Trixie luvs rags!!! As soon as I wipe her feet, (from the rain) and throw the rag into the laundry basket she takes it out and plays with it.