1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What is an Armadillo ? or otherwise known as

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by ilovemaltipoos, May 25, 2004.

1. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

RUN FOREST ...RUN !!!! :shock:

My husband Robert was ever the practicle joker when it came to the kids .
    Adam was about 10 when he ,Robert and I went hiking in the hills above Austin near Lake Travis .
    We always enjoyed it and had lots of fun ,camped for days at a time and explored all we could .
    Adam had never seen an Armadillo before ,except on the roadside and at the zoo and he ran upon a den of them in the hills there .studying them he did off and on for the whole day on Saturday and then that night as we sat talking he ask Robert how to get them to come out . :)
    he never should have asked ..........This is the story
    " dad ,how could I get those aramadillos to come out ? '
    robert thought about it for awhile and then looked at Adam and said .
    "Well ,son ,you take a stick and stir them up ,now ,when they come out ,take that stick and slap them on the head ,that way they will be dazed and you can get a good look at em ,just don't go near enough to actually touch it ,okay "

Well ,I told Adam not to dare do anything like that .Robert laughed and then retired for the night and so did Adam .I stayed up awhile and cleaned a few things ,made a hot cup of coffee and just relaxed ,watched the stars twinke .
    Both got up really early the next morning and went fishing .I sat back and relaxed after breakfast dreding when we left to go back home .I enjoy being in the open ,mountains and at the ocean.

I guess I had been there about 30 minutes just relaxing when I heard a scream and I jumped up and started running in the direction of it .I yelled for Robert and Adam and started up the trails .I got about half way up when Adam dashed past me with a stick high in the sair and I could see 2 armadillos ,one standing on his hind legs hissing and the other one coming toward me .Now ,usually I am brave and have no problem ,but I had no stick ,so I turned and ran after Adam and got back down to where the camp was as Robert was running toward the camp from the other side of the river .Adam had ran past the camp and jumped into the lake and was swimming toward the other side and I am yelling all the while ... " Run ,Adam ...Run "and "I am right behind you son " and I dashed past Robert and followed Adam into the lake .Now ,robert ,of course does not know what is happening ,just stands there staring at us yelling "What ,is it a snake ? What ? "
    Well ,Adam and I walked back to camp ,first thing I did was walk up to Robert and kick him ,really hard with my steel toe boots which were full of water and felt to me like they weighed 500 lbs ,then I packed up while Robert gave me this story .
    'Hon ,I told him this morning I was only joking ,for him not to do that .Hon ,he told me he was coming back to the camp to get something to drink ,hon ,no one was hurt Shirley ,please......."on and on and on he went ..
    I found out a long time before in our marriage ,the way to pay Robert back was not to speak to him .He would watch me for days ,just waiting until I said my peace ,sometimes it was too funny to hold back the laughter and I would have to excuse myself to go into another room to roll in it while he waited day after day for me to start speaking again .He never heard a word from me for a week .And then when I did speak ,this was what I said ."robert ,I love you ,but one of these days ,I am going to pick up a stick and beat the crap out of you " I slowly turned away and then laughed out loud at just how silly we all had been .
    Adam tells all this story and laughs himself .He says the words "run Forest run " was first developed on that day when he was 10 and thought to capture an Armadillo by his mom ...He says he still hears it when he thinks of it ...my voice in a panic yelling 'RUN ,ADAM ,RUn ,I Am BEHIND YOU SON ....RUN !!!! :D :eek: :lol: :mrgreen: :y_the_best:

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

OH my gosh!!! How funny!!!! I've never seen an armadillo stand and fight! Usually they just haul butt and run the other way!

3. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

These two didn't ,they didn't chase us but they were mad .I think tapping with the stick did it or either they had babies and was trying to protect them .Adam says one was out in the open and he smacked it and it just looked at him ,he said the other one he reached in and punched with the stick and it came out hissing .All I saw was one hissing and one walking toward me .I knew nothing of Armadillos and their habbits or personalities ,instint and seein Adam run past I guess .It was just the stuation that made us run ,guess cause when I was young ,I fought a wild pig with a stick .I think that thought was what sent me to running .Cause I knew what pigs will do and didn't know what the armadillo would do .The pig I smacked a few times was trying to attack me and I climbed a tree finally and stayed them until DAD found me ,I think running was more that thought than anything else .I stil don't know what the things did when I left on the run ,they didn't follow ,that is for sure .For all we know now the one could have been hissing at the other ,but in the heat of any momnet ,that does not come to mind ,running does though .

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

How afst can on run anyway. I've never seen one in person either. Shirley you sure are full of fun.

5. Jody

Jody New Member

Classic, I'm at work reading this right now, and I had to pick up a phone to answer it, DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE TO TRY NOT TO LAUGH! :lol: :lol: :lol: