1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what is the part of a cat's face called...?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by tignor, May 17, 2004.

1. tignor

tignor New Member

where the wiskers grow out of? The puffy things over it's mouth? My husband was describing a black and white cats markings to me the other day and we just got to talking about it. Is it the upper lip? Muzzle? Puffy part? :) Does it even have a name? :0011: We don't know, help us out! :) Thanx

2. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

well... I would say that it is called the upper lip... because the muzzle would be the whole mouth top and bottom. That is my guess 8)

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. The 'puffy area' where the whiskers are located on the upper lip is called the whisker pad(s). I think 'puffy area' is a way better name though. :mrgreen:

4. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i like to call mine muzzels or chubby cheeks...lol all my cats have huge muzzels....it sooo cute my cat sassy has this thing she does when she is in a very lovey mood where she raises her cheeks like she is smiling but she dont show her teeth its soooo cute....but my babies garfield and simba have the biggest muzzels.... and my kitty chyanne loves to have her rubbed...lol

5. tignor

tignor New Member

wow! Hey, thanks, you learn something new every day.

I think this is a cute area, and if I give my cat rubbies on it she lifts the corner of her mouth on the area of the rubbies, and she looks kind of like Elvis.
    Thank you, thank you very much. uh--huh--huh

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:( ...well...little maxie's puffy area hardly has any whiskers left...it seems either he plays really hard and breaks them off, or in the early days when he wasnt growing (when he had the giardia...they dont absorb nutrients because of the parasite) he didnt get enough nutrition, which caused them to break more easily. nevertheless....he only has one whisker on one side and a few on the other. all the other ones are little stumps of whiskers...like baby whiskers...just like him!