1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what is your favorite cichlid

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fish Addict, Mar 23, 2004.

1. figgy

figgy New Member

:eek: Good mornin',

Well, IMO with these two species I would do a little more research before housing in a tank of more aggressive species you are considering :shock: IMHO I would either concentrate on an aggressive genre like, :x Pseudotropheus or less aggressive, like ELECTRIC YELLOW, BLUE DOLPHIN, BORLEYI, PEACOCKS, RUSTY
    to name a few. Keep in mind that just because these are "less aggressive" does not mean there won't be chasing going on, and interest in your aquarium, & you'll fall asleep watching your fish ](*,) All african cichlids are aggressive fish, some more than others, but they are all interesting to watch.

You have a nice tank size to work with, and what you want may work, just keep in mind...There is a possibility that your choice of fish will not co-exist peacefully. Your less aggressive ones may suffer from stress :( or worse :cry: I'll share what I know about the species you mentioned & let you decide what will work best for you :wink:

CYRTOCARA MOORII "MALAWI BLUE DOLPHIN":

Easy to keep, & pretty adaptable.
    Although slow growing, males are known to reach over 11" & females 8"
    Unlike the mbuna's, the "Malawi Blue Dolphin" is found in shallow waters of Lake Malawi.
    Males develop nuchal hump.

COPADICHROMIS BORLEYI "YELLOW FIN":

Easy to keep, & adaptable.
    Grows to 9"
    Not a picky eater - ALGAE EATER :wink: :idea:

Both are non-aggressive & may have a hard time with more aggressive tank mates.

Both are large, beautiful Malawi Cichlids :mrgreen:

2. raghu_gg

raghu_gg New Member

:eek:

I would love to have Oscars and Severums

3. DUCKLE-BUM

DUCKLE-BUM New Member

Duckle-bum likes the ol' Oscars, personality counts for a lot :mrgreen:

4. barupa

barupa New Member

I would have to say Parrot Cichlids just there personalitys.
    second would be Discuss so nice,

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

thanks for you info it is very hard to pick well have to just keep researching