1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what ot do with so many fish?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by honeybears, Oct 6, 2005.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I have a goldfish pond and its getting out of control, I think I now have 40 fish, they keep multiplying and on and on

so what to do

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Start asking around at pet shops and see if they'll take any.

I've been lucky and so far I've only had 2 babies survive in the 2 years that I've had my pond.

-Chelle

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Chelle, thats not a bad idea. one of the fish I know because of its markings is 7 years old! I tell you they are hard to kill on accident I mean.

When were building our big fish pond we had our fish spread out and had quite afew in our 3 tiered fountain outside, well my husband put water in it and forgot to turn off the hose that ran all night, because of the chlorine, it killed all of fish. He was devestated. He cleaned out the big bowl on the bottom, and drained it, cleaned it and filled the bottom again, the upper 2 bowls wre left with a few inches of water and we left the foutnain off for a month. So this is a big fountain, about 6 feet tall, for some reason I decided to to climb up and look in the upper 2 bowels and there were baby fish in them! So the pump must have carried fish eggs up to to upper bowls before the fish died since we hadnt had the pump since then I told my husband he couldnt believe it, he was so happy.