1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

what puppy would u suggest

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by annabelle7, May 3, 2005.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I have met some very sweet, calm toy poodles. Anyone here have one? Are they hyper?

I love Pomeranians and Papillons. Some can be energetic, though.

The lady who runs the kennel where I board my dogs when necessary breeds Japanese Chins. She says they are quiet and smart, among other things.

Hmmm, how about a Chinese crested? LOL. I hear they are awesome dogs. I bet they're hard to find and expensive to boot.

However, any puppy you get will be a big question mark because there's no way of knowing the temperament the pup will develop, although you can make a guess. If you really want a certain sort of behavior (calm, playful, etc) sometimes an adult dog is the way to go. Or an experienced breeder where you can see how the parents act and the pups have all been temperament tested and observed a lot and well socialized (especially with a small dog).

I second the idea of a shelter. I wonder if a shelter would let you bring a duck along to test a dog. Or if the duck would let you bring a duck along. :shock:

2. yogi

yogi New Member

calm small dog for your brother

I would not recomend a Min Pin, as one who breeds and raises these little devils I can tell you it is not in their true nature to be calm. Their natural atheletic attitude is sometimes viewed by many as hyper. These little dogs require firm attention as they are fiercely independent and overly stubborn. For a first real dog a Min Pin would not be the best choice.
    The local shelter where one can view dogs is probably your best bet.

3. yogi

yogi New Member

one other note,

Min Pin with Ducks is not a good choice. Pin's are really the only true working breed in the Toy breed group. They were bred for ferreting. I have 10 and also have birds. Mine will actually go after the birds in the yard if they have a chance. A non hunting small breed dog would need to be looked at.