1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What size tank do I need for two 9 - 11" Oscars?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Felix and Oscar, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Felix and Oscar

Felix and Oscar New Member

What size tank do I need for two 9 - 11" Oscars?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, they get to be about 12" so for two of them the bare minimum would be a 75 gallon, but t-chelle suggests a larger tank jsut incase some aggressive behavior might occur.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I tried keepng an 8" and a 10" oscar in a 75 gallon tank. Not only did I have serious aggression problems that led to one nearly being killed and me ultimately having to get rid of one, but I also was not able to keep the nitrAtes below 20ppm with weekly water changes.

So for those reasons, I suggest no smaller than 100 gallons for 2 oscars. A 6' long 120 gallon tank would be tons better though. Or if you got a 150+, you could add some nice schooling fish like silver dollars to help fill out the tank and make it look more active.

-Chele

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

that its what i am going to have righ tho i have a 6 inch tiger oscar and a 5 inch silver dollor on one side there buddy's the grew up together on one side and my new baby 1 1/2 inch lutino oscar and my silver dollors there is one thing that i want to do but it is very hard and that it get live plant in there they keep gettting eaten an dug up oh they will be in a 125