1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with my pekapoo!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MyDixie, Jan 12, 2005.

1. MyDixie

MyDixie New Member

Okay, I have a nine month old pekeapoo and she was doing wonderful on potty training until recently. I moved back home for Christmas break to my parent's home. (College student) She has lived here before with no real potty problems. Now all of a sudden she seems to have completely forgotten to go potty outside. She will go out in the morning and go one and two and then come back in and not five minutes later she will go on the carpet. She is going number 2 almost twice as much as usual and I am at my wit's end. I have been bringing her to my apartment to see if it is just my mother's home and she is pottying on the floor there as well. I am taking her out on the same schedule as always. I am sorry this is so long, but I am nearly in tears. She is still on Science Diet Puppy small bites, my vet said to stay on puppy food for a full year. Do you think she may have a problem? No worms in her poop or anything like that. Please help me! [-o<

2. ShowandAgilityPaps

ShowandAgilityPaps New Member

Try walking her when you take her out to the bathroom and don't bring her inside for at least 3 minutes after she does the deed. Walking will stimulate her bowel. Stick to her scedule. It's easy for pups to get confused and this seems to be why she started to go inside.

Best of luck,
    ANA

3. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hello Mydixie,

we experienced a relaps in potty training to, at round the same age.
    With Abbey, I think it was that we had allowed her to much freedom too soon, and all of a sudden she was confused.
    We went back to the strict schedule, and crate time. Also, I found taht when we got Abbey spayed at around 9 months this helped a lot. It was liek she was an adult now! If your pup is not spayed, you may want to look into it.

Now in the last few months, Abbey had a couple accidents in the house. I think the cold weather was deterring her from going out side. But we simply enforced teh rules and she is back to her self.

4. MyDixie

MyDixie New Member

Thank you for the advice, she was spayed around three months ago and she has really started to calm down since then, maybe it is just the change in schedule, I am moving home this week and possible she will be back to her old self. Any other advice is always much appreciated though. Thanks again! :lol: