1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

whats the funniest thing your dog does or has done?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Apr 1, 2005.

1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

come to think of it, ehres another story aobut my black labrador.....my dad has spent all day cleaning the carpets around the house, which as you can imagine is pretty tiring............after this all, we turned on the fans and opened the windows to let the carpet dry...........laster that night we were in the living room watching TV when the black labrador comes up outta nowhere, pukes a pile right in front of my dad on the carpet, then walks away like nothing happened...........i felt bad for my dad, but my mom, sister, and i could not stop laughing.

also, if my golden retriever ever is going to be sick, is going to sneeze, or is going to make noise/or a mess some other way at night, he leaves my bedroom at, does that in my sister's room, and comes back and falls alseep in my room again.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

My BF and I have 6 critters... 2 Cats and 4 Dogs...

It is OK for our dogs to allert us when someone arrives, but I am not a big advocate of the Doggy Telegraph... So all new dogs in my home must learn that they do not bark outside, just cause others are...

Spades ( affectionately nick-named Spoots ) our small dog took quite a bit of time to learn this lesson... In the beginning he would just bark right over top of what I was saying... One day I went out with my mop in my hands and in frustration swung it against the fence... The noise got his attention... so that he at least "heard" the word no... :x

One day I hear the barking outside and head out the back door with my mop ready, only to find him running madly around the yard chasing and barking loudly at a bee!!! :roll: Can't get mad when your laughing!

We live in the Yukon where hunting Moose is common and a great way to save on food costs. One day I cooked 3 moose roasts all day long in our big slow cooker, to make them nice and tender, with intentions of freezing some ready made meals.

I'd forgotten that I'd left the meat out on the counter to cool as I visited with my father outside... Suddenly we heard a dog fight in progress inside the fenced back yard... By the time I got there, I found our dog Buddy choking... Thinking that maybe he had been bitten in the windpipe, I stood there comforting him and looking for injuries... Right up until the moment that I realized that it was the last of the 3 moose roasts that he was swallowing... "WHOLE"... :shock:

With that much competition, I guess you don't stop to chew...? :roll: He's sure lucky he didn't choke on them... Still tryin' to figure out how I would'a got it back out if he didn't get it in... Does the Heimlich manuever work for dogs?

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

great stories, Cheryl, yea I can just see doing the heimlich? my lab would do the same thing, he doens know how to chew anything, just swallows everyting whole. Sunday morning I was watching TV a and jakes walks over and staretd gagging and the spits up this huge yellow ball of something. I pokked at it and was hunk of butter he swallowed whole

4. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

No wonder it came back up - eh Honeybears...?

Spades also ate an entire box of chocolates once... Thank Goodness that came back up... But that wasn't what I was thinkin' when I picked it up... WITH THE DUSTPAN!!! :shock:

Then there is the time that Delsey our Rottenweiler (Yes I said Rotten) got out the 5 pound bag of flour and "played" with it in the middle of my living room rug, followed immediately by the 2 gallon jug of vegetable oil, from which she chewed just one little corner... I can just see her biting at the little squirt of oil as it gluck, gluck, gluck's out of the container... TILL IT WAS EMPTY ON MY RUG !!!

:x Doncha just love em'... !!! :wink:

5. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Oh, well, if we want to swap food pilfering stories, I don't think any dog can top my Rondy. She managed to swipe a whole pound of bacon from the counter while I was cooking breakfast, and had it swallowed before it hit the floor. She also swiped a 4 pound beef roast and got that down, pretty much whole before I knew what was happening.

Then there was the 6 platters of Christmas cookies, fudge, truffles, and assorted goodies she pulled down and shared with all 10 dogs. Ever try to induce vomitting in 10 dogs? And remember which ones had already had their dose of peroxide and which ones hadn't? Then, of course, you have to clean it all up.

Rondy knew how to open all the lower cupboards, so we had to install child proof locks on them. She also knew how to open the refrigerator, and we had to put a lock on that, too.

But why is this all so astounding? Rondy was 10 pound miniature dachshund!

6. horse_child

horse_child New Member

LOL, ok, here's one
    We can't put grease down our sink so we pour it into empty pickle jars to dispose of it. We were getting rid of a particularly full jar when we got distracted. My dog ate the WHOLE jar of it. Then promptly threw it back up on new carpeting installed 1 week earlier. My parents were less than impressed.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

Yup... Horse Child wins this one...

Eeewww... Groady... :shock:

8. ladys*ribbit

ladys*ribbit New Member

puppy bath wet owner

my springer begal mix loves the bath ,once she is in it, but gettting her there is a bit difficult shell run around the house in a room and out while i am chacing behind her. i hid one time and snuck up behind her and got her in. it was funny i won i was saying adn about the time i went to turn the water on she grabbed the hose( the facets that you can take off) and amied it in my direction. i was so wet i slipped in and was sittin there with her wet in the tube she just looked at me and kissed me she and i both knew she won that time it was so funny. she has such a personality.

9. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Here's one with me sister's cat, Snowball. Snowball had gone after a mouse and had gotten her head stuck down a gopher hole. I went up to her and started talking to her so she wouldn't freak when i touched her. Well i put my hand on her butt to support her and put my other hand on the scruff of her neck to try and get her out. Well apparently she didn't hear me talking to her because the second i touched her she pooped (literally) right on the hand that was on her butt trying to support her. after i had gotten her safely out of the hole and my hand had been wash 1,000 times we fondly nicknamed her Shatty. I just couldn't be mad, it was soooo funny! I did feel bad that i scared her so bad, but i didn't like the alternative. :roll:

10. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

lol, back to the foodswiping. my dog ranger has taken a whole package of spinach and eaten it and then he ate teh package of bacon that were on the counter too. the 'best' part is is that we were just on teh other side of the kitchen doing something else when he did it. lol. he also steals treats right out of snickers mouth and goes and eats them. silly doggy :mrgreen:

11. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

haha, another one ranger did today. i was giving ranger and snickers a greenie and they both have to sit before either one gets it, or the one who hasn't gotten it yet is too distracted, and snickers wouldn't sit so ranger took his paw and shoved her down until she was sitting. haha, they're smarter than we think!